No announcement yet.
X

Does this fit right?? I dont think so.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about on how to make it fit and stay on? Do i screw it right into the seat or what?
    www.myspace.com/BigBadAl16

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadAl16 View Post
      What about on how to make it fit and stay on? Do i screw it right into the seat or what?
      Hmm, i think theres a how-to about this somewhere on the forum.

BUT, i'm thinking of drilling a hole through the seat where the mounting points are. Maybe put in a rivet in the hole for the looks.

Then i'll insert a nut or something similar in that hole, epoxy glue it in, and then use black screws to mount the cowl. (my bike is black)

This way i can unscrew the cowl fairly quick and easy. And it will still look allright when you have a passenger on.

(Does it make sense? English is my second language...)

Comment

Did you get your cowl? Does it fit bad and look as bad as mine?

Comment

Mines in now so when i get back to the city i'll get to work on it and post pics.
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Well got mine. It fit the same way when I got it but after a little trimming it fit alright and didn't crack on me although was still a little snug.

www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

now how are you going to make it stay on? Post some pics

Comment

I made sheet metal tabs that just fold around the seat. Not sure if this is how im goin to do if permanently or figure something else out. They were very close to the paint when the seat was on and when i sat on the seat im sure they touched. So i shimmed the seat latch up a hair and it works much better. I did a lot of searching on here as to how the braada's attached and heard alot about tabs underneath but never could find any pics. anyway heres mine. I just bolted the tab to the cowl. placed the cowl where i wanted it then bent the tab around the seat. no screws into the seat at all.

www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

how did you trim it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
                    I made sheet metal tabs that just fold around the seat. Not sure if this is how im goin to do if permanently or figure something else out. They were very close to the paint when the seat was on and when i sat on the seat im sure they touched. So i shimmed the seat latch up a hair and it works much better.
                    Try putting some shrink tubing around the tabs.
                    Might not be perfect, but it will help.

Comment

I bought a Braada cowl off a guy here in Montreal, It has tabs that you bolt on and bend around the seat like Erki did. It is a tight fit so you do have to push down on the cowl to make it fit right. Mojoe, if you need a cowl to make your prototype let me know and you can use mine. I'm undecided on whether I'm putting it on or not. If I choose not to use it, It'll be up for sale this spring.
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I used a grinder and took some off of where the top of the seat is as well as some off each side on the inside. makes the sides not have to spread out as much to fit down over the seat. Any sander will work to get a better fit with fibreglass. You can do it by hand too with a coarse sandpaper but will take a lot longer. Just remember you can always take more off its a lot more work to add if you take too much off. I test fit several times until I was happy.
                        www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Seat Cowl

I am interested in the seat cowl. I have been waiting 6 months for the one I ordered from Braada and he will not return my calls, e-mails and even a letter I sent to him in Indiana. If you do want to sell I will get with you very quick. Thanks for reading.Charlie, Charlotte NC.

Comment

FINALLY got mine... Just picked it up from the post office.

Can't say i'm happy... The quality of the cowl is... Well... Terrible.

First of all, it just came in a box with no protection inside...

And well... Just look at the pics... It's gonna need alot of filler and sanding before i'm happy with it... Also, it's not symmetrical at the back... I'm really going to have to work on it...

That said... I think it'll be fine when i'm done with it...

Here's a couple of pics.

Comment

Looks like mine does. needs some work but its a start.
                              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

sad...

I couldn't imagine sending something out that looked as poor as that does. "Ready for paint" usually doesn't include massive sand scratches.

I think I would be hitting the negative feedback button on that ebay seller.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                                X