X

center stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• center stand

how do I get my bike on the centerstand without fear of dropping my bike and wrecking the brand new paint job?

it is a technique, and explaining how to do it is not so easy through text.

1- put your foot on the small pedal on the stand.

2- get a good grip on the grab bar or under your seat

3- other hand on the handle bar

4- step down on the pedal with all your weight while at the same time lifting on the grab bar or from under the seat.

5- pray you don't lose balance

seriously, it is all in the leg. maybe 80% of the effort is through pushing down with your leg and body weight, while 20% is lifting up on the rear. It is a snap once you get the hang of it. until you do, I suggest having a buddy around to spot you until you get used to it...seeing as you have new paint and all.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

oh....as for doing it without fear of dropping.......one step at a time. I have been doing it for like 25 yrs and it still gives me a wee case of the willies when I do it. the odd time my foot slipped off the pedal was enough to make me realize you can't get "too comfortable" with it.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

there is a good thread in the "how to" section in the forum index.Once you get the hang of it it's easy!!

Comment

I found that it is easier if you you use your left foot on the center stand. From the left side with the bike on the side stand grab the handlebars with your left hand and the side grip or passenger footrest with your right hand and use your left foot to push the center stand down until it touches. Keep your foot on the stand and push the bike up so both sides of the center stand are touching and the bike is vertical. Straighten the handlebars (very important) and then lift up with your right hand while stepping down with your left foot. The bike will move backward onto the center stand.

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

TX md86, I knew I learned it somewhere here.

Comment

I still have a hard time.. I roll the back tire onto a 2x4 then folow the above instructions. This is at home.. The extra 2" lift makes it easy..
                2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
                Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
                2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

thanks for all your help!!! I will give it a try. Practice makes perfect I hope.

Comment

I read the how thread and followed it and for me it wasnt easy but I did it,,,,woo hoo and I was afraid that I would tip the bike because on one of my attemps the bike started to lean away from me that was a scary feeling so to prevent that I make sure now that the centerstand legs are BOTH evenly on the ground before I do it hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                    X