X

New Spring, new bike :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spring, new bike :(

It is official, the Kat is replaced. I posted a while ago about how i sold my first bike (1999 Kat 750) in early winter '05 and a few weeks ago i finally found a good deal on a great 2nd bike, a 1999 Honda F4.

During my search i had wanted to find something 'different', maybe a V-twin or a cool looking naked, but decided to go look at the F4 when i saw it on craigslist and instantly fell in love with it when i took it out for a test ride. It handled very well, was a lot lighter than the Kat, and didnt have a super aggressive position. The price was right, i talked him into throwing in a leather jacket, and i was sold.

I'll miss my first love, but am equally excited to try something new. I'm the kind of guy that i can see myself buying a new bike every couple years just to mix things up, so this is just one step in the progression of my bike lifecycle.

Bought: April 05 (new liscence, first bike EVAR!)
    1999 Katana 750
    20k miles
    D&D exhaust and jet kit
    down a few times, light scratches
    $3,800

Sold: Dec 05
    1999 Katana 750
    22k miles
    D&D exhaust and jet kit
    down a few times, light to heavy scratches
    $3,300

Bought: May 06
    1999 Honda CBR F4
    7k miles
    Bone stock, expect for homemade fender chop
    down once, very light scratches
    $3,600

Just as long as your riding. I too bought another bike ( 02 GSXR 600 ) and plan on selling my 95 Kat. I love the feel and looks of the GSXR and dont plan on ridding the Kat anymore.

Comment

I havent ridden a gixxer yet, but after riding my buddies R6 for a few weeks, I dont think I will ever get used to the sitting posistion on the rr bikes, just way to painful on the wrists. The kat feels so much better in my opinion. I love the look of the rr bikes, but sport touring bikes are way more comfortable
      You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

I think like 25% of us dont have our katana's anymore
        "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

Comment

Fortunately that would leave about 75% of us that do still have the opportunity to enjoy them on a regular basis

Congrats on the new CBR Flip, ride safe !

Comment

Congrats on the new bike!!

I've tried riding RR's myself and although I must admit they're extremely fun, I often found myself unable to notice the nice weather and scenery because of the excessive speeding hehe. That and the fact my back/wrists hurts on longer trips pretty much tells me I'll be riding sporttourers forever.

That said, when I'm ready to leave the Kat behind.. I might look into a VFR.. or if Back/Wrists permit it even a Blackbird hehe. But I kinda like the VFRs.

Comment

Working...
            X