X

HOW TO PUT BIKE ON CENTERSTAND

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by victor
    i cant get it. can someone post pictures please or a video would be excellent!
    you are the first....

what is giving you grief?

Comment

Left foot on the stand sounds a bit weird.

I think before I try this I'll get my son to stand on the opposite side of the bike from me. Then if it topples to the right, at least it'll land on something soft!
      "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit
        Left foot on the stand sounds a bit weird.

I think before I try this I'll get my son to stand on the opposite side of the bike from me. Then if it topples to the right, at least it'll land on something soft!

Comment

So far I'm managing to get the bike on its stand by using my right foot to pull the stand down, bending my leg, holding the frame with my right hand and then straightening my leg while pulling upwards and rearwards with my hand.

I can't work out how you'd do it using your left leg though. Surely you'd be too far towards the rear of the bike to put your left hand on the left handgrip comfortably? I like to have my hand on the grip just in case the bike starts falling away from me.

Once you start riding these bikes, the weight vanishes. But when they're stationary they're heavy SOB's!
          "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Works like a charm.... It doesn't really matter which foot is on the stand. The important thing is to get a good grip on the frame and pull upwards towards the tail light. I usually let the bike lean on me from fear of letting it topple over to the other side. It straightens itself out as soon as the stand hits the ground (what's referred to as "rocking" in the original post).

And yeah, I've already managed to impress many a fellow biker by this seemingly impossible feat.... 8)
            Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
            - Albert Einstein

Comment

Something just occurred to me...which side of the bike do you stand on when you're putting it on the centrestand?

Using your left foot would make sense if you're on the right side of the bike, as would using your right foot if you're on the left side of the bike (which is what I do).

I'm just wondering if my confusion has anything to do with US'ians riding and parking on the right side of the road, and folks here in Oz riding and parking on the left side of the road!

Comment

HAS to be done from the left side .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I seem to be doing okay from the left side of the bike, using my right foot.

Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit
                    I seem to be doing okay from the left side of the bike, using my right foot.

Works for me.
                    I always used my right foot with the Kat too.

Left foot/right foot...doesn't really matter. As long as she's on the centrestand.

Comment

Remember too which "left" side of the bike we are talking about here. You want to stand on the left side of the bike as it is when you are sitting on it. In other words, stand on the side of the bike where the clutch is, the fuel petcock, the gear shift, the kickstand... that left side is the one you want.

Not the other left side as it is when you are standing in front of it facing the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                        Remember too which "left" side of the bike we are talking about here. You want to stand on the left side of the bike as it is when you are sitting on it. In other words, stand on the side of the bike where the clutch is, the fuel petcock, the gear shift, the kickstand... that left side is the one you want.

Not the other left side as it is when you are standing in front of it facing the bike.
                        Yup.

Another way to put it...stand on either side of your bike facing it. Put one hand on the handlebar, and one hand on the rear grab bar. Whichever hand is touching the handlebar...that's the side of the bike you're on.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I always hate leavinbg it on the little stand.

Comment

omg! i still cant get it right! im a dumb**S

Comment

finally! yes i got it! its not that easy but its not that hard either! hehe i just needed someone to show me.

Comment

Heh heh... Congratulations , and welcome to the miracle club.
                                Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                                - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X