X

paint?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info on spray paint .

As for the rest...your right in a sense. I just don't feel if I'm sharing my opinion that it has to be offensive or rude. I agree the internet is open for anyone but isn't there enough bullshit and what not everywhere else? Why bring it to somewhere we all enjoy being or doing (talk or help about our bikes). I apologize if I hit a nerve but your whole "whoopty doo, you spray painted your bike an slapped on a pre-fab swingarm" comment just seemed a bit douche bag like. I'm not trying to start a cyber battle or any dumb stuff like that but like you say its the internet an we all have opinions
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
      To see "supporting members" degrading someones work and and just making low blows is less than encouraging or positive for this site. Opinions are one thing but why be an a$$hole? just saying...
      How does paying a few buck a year relate to whether or not someone's an asshole? If you think about it, it would be more understandable that supporting members feel more entitled because they have a financial stake in the site.

Also, not all assholes are insufferable. There are a few true jerkwads here, but for the most part, blunt and honest seems to get confused with asinine.
      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
        I apologize if I hit a nerve but your whole "whoopty doo, you spray painted your bike an slapped on a pre-fab swingarm" comment just seemed a bit douche bag like.
        Hit a nerve with me. Na. As MANY on here who know me personally you aint going to say much on here to bother me.

As for the comment coming off as whoopty doo. It was sort of meant that way. Again for a backyard build that sentiment would not be there but for a guy who apparently has the skill and is using this as a platform to show off and an eventual advertisement for a business....yeah it was implied.

Listen I know all builds look like shit before the final work is done. They have to as you have to do them in pieces. That said do not expect me to shower you in praise since you have done nothing unique yet nor showcased the work you have done as being well done. Perhaps better pics or he should wait till more of the bike is done so that the complimentary pieces are finished then post all of the build pics.

If you want to piece mail it then I comment on what I see and right now I see basic work that I would not attribute to a shop showpiece.

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
        How does paying a few buck a year relate to whether or not someone's an asshole? If you think about it, it would be more understandable that supporting members feel more entitled because they have a financial stake in the site.

Also, not all assholes are insufferable. There are a few true jerkwads here, but for the most part, blunt and honest seems to get confused with asinine.
        Exactly Nancie...

To Crazy... I pay money to keep this site afloat even though I no longer own a Kat since I enjoy the membership here and like that we have such an extensive repository of information from how to do a carb adjust to how to do more complex and unique mods.

Though if you think that I will not give honest opinions when someone posts up their work then you are off base. I rarely wade into this side of the forums since they are either rehashed threads or morons posting about things like K&N filters. I had a custom painted Katana so when I see paint as a thread title it draws me in.

There is an ignore list for those members that rub you the wrong way. Feel free to put me on it if you wish to not see my honest opinions from time to time.
        Last edited by soulpatch; 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        I am a Penn State fanatic.
        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I stand corrected. After the very very descriptive explanation I see your point clear as day. Unfortunately I havnt been around this forum forever or on a regular basis enough to meet an feel out everyone. Though from experience on other forums (vw vortex etc) I've seen plenty of "hating" or "mine is better" and it drives me nuts when the goal is to conversate or help. The reasons I was attracted here is 1. Knowledge 2. I own a Kat lol 3. I didn't see the same bickering I did elsewhere. I apologize for jumping the gun I guess but my 2 favorite saying "to each his own" and "one mans trash is another mans treasure" pretty much sums up how I feel.
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Gonna take a lot more than an extended swingarm and some paint to do something impressive.

Jussayin.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i do agree with u guys im not close to bing done and i will say myself it does look like crap right now ive been working on other peoples bikes (not katanas) but i did just got done working on my carbs new jets (stage 3) new tail light, grips, and some other goodies lol and i rebuilt my swingarm to accept a bigger tire and redoing the frount end to accept hybusa frount forks and a bunch of others thank you guys for a good wake up i did needed to think outside of the box for the kat ive been taking pics of the whole build but im not going to post them untill im done o and i did throw out the shock idk why i bought it but i decided to go air ride for the bike and soulpatch thanks for the paint idea but no its not rattle canned i did paint it myself 12 clear coats later and lots of wet sanding it shines like no other well the frame any ways but for now on im taking all comments and think of a way that i can make the bike more custom so thank you all for comments i was just blinded on getting the bike done i was in a rush but not any more now im going to do this right i mean this bike and a couple of other bikes are going to be for my shop to show it off so i need to be very sharp on my work but once agian thanks
              think yall can catch me now

Comment

There's a button on your keyboard with a little dot, its called a "period"

It also has a little brother called a "comma"

These two small characters can really help someone read your massive 1000 word sentence.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by dumdum21 View Post
                  I do agree with you guys. I'm not close to being done, and I will say myself, it does look like crap right now.

I've been working on other peoples bikes (not Katanas) but, I did just got done working on my carbs, new jets (stage 3), new tail light, grips, and some other goodies, I rebuilt my swingarm to accept a bigger tire, redoing the front end to accept Huyabusa front forks, and a bunch of others.

Thank you guys for a good wake up. I did needed to think outside of the box for the Kat. I've been taking pics of the whole build, but I'm not going to post them until I'm done. Oh, and I did throw out the shock. IDK why I bought it, but I decided to go air ride for the bike.

Soulpatch thanks for the paint idea, but no its not rattle canned. I did paint it myself. 12 clear coats later and lots of wet sanding it shines like no other, well the frame any ways, but for now on I'm taking all comments and thinking of a way that i can make the bike more custom. So, thank you all for comments. I was just blinded on getting the bike done and I was in a rush.

But not any more. Now I'm going to do this right. I mean this bike, and a couple of other bikes, are going to be for my shop to show it off so I need to be very sharp on my work. Once again, thanks.
                  Tried to FTFY...
                  Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

air ride on pre....really..... the pre does not have the lines like a busa or zx14 to pull that off. A post maybe but it will look silly on a pre
                    I am a Penn State fanatic.
                    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

NICE custom paint

Comment

Originally posted by dumdum21 View Post
                        i do agree with u guys im not close to bing done and i will say myself it does look like crap right now ive been working on other peoples bikes (not katanas) but i did just got done working on my carbs new jets (stage 3) new tail light, grips, and some other goodies lol and i rebuilt my swingarm to accept a bigger tire and redoing the frount end to accept hybusa frount forks and a bunch of others thank you guys for a good wake up i did needed to think outside of the box for the kat ive been taking pics of the whole build but im not going to post them untill im done o and i did throw out the shock idk why i bought it but i decided to go air ride for the bike and soulpatch thanks for the paint idea but no its not rattle canned i did paint it myself 12 clear coats later and lots of wet sanding it shines like no other well the frame any ways but for now on im taking all comments and think of a way that i can make the bike more custom so thank you all for comments i was just blinded on getting the bike done i was in a rush but not any more now im going to do this right i mean this bike and a couple of other bikes are going to be for my shop to show it off so i need to be very sharp on my work but once agian thanks
                        holy crap dude....use some punctuation. I read two lines and had to say fuck this.

don't pull this same shit on the signs for the new shop or they will think it is being run by a retard. not trying to be mean or anything, but damn!
                        Last edited by Mojoe; 12-19-2012, 11:25 PM.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                        X