X

fogging shield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fogging shield

Alright, got another question for you all. With the onset of colder weather I have noticed a serious problem I'm having. My lid keeps fogging up. Even with all my vents open it still does it. Right now I'm having to keep the lense cracked and vents open to prevent this. However that won't be an option once winter gets here.

What do you all do to keep this from happening?
    Thanks

I put my lower lip back and breathe out the bottom of my helmet.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Get a fog city fog shield. Or progrip makes one also. Unless you have a helmet that is pinlock ready and then you just put an insert in. What helmet do you have?

Comment

I kept my shield open one notch
        sigpic

Comment

My helmet came with a breath deflector that blocks my breath from the face shield a little. It really helps. Other than that, do like Scotty said and treat the inside of the visor with some RainX.

Here's a couple sources for one from Joe Rocket. Should fit pretty much any helmet.

Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            I put my lower lip back and breathe out the bottom of my helmet.
            You may be serious about this but i seriously just busted out laughing!

Mine fogs too, i may have to try that.
            "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

Originally posted by Snapp600 View Post
              You may be serious about this but i seriously just busted out laughing!

Mine fogs too, i may have to try that.
              Helps keep your neck warm too

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

He's serious. I do the same thing when it's really cold. (Warms your chin, too!)
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Helmet is an Icon Alliance, and it does have a breath guard. But I think its too small for shape of my nose.

I'm gonna have to try that lip trick tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                    Helmet is an Icon Alliance, and it does have a breath guard. But I think its too small for shape of my nose.

I'm gonna have to try that lip trick tomorrow morning.
                    Lol, it seriously helps.

FWIW, my RF1k has a breath guard and it doesnt do ****. I ended up ripping it out because it was so worthless.

Comment

Yeah, that guard seems worthless.

Thinking about the suggested rain-x treatment. Didn't the same company that makes that come out with a fog-x years ago. I seem to remember something like that.

Comment

In some biker magazines you’ll see some cheap journalists write that the “dish washing soap anti-fog is an urban myth”, and that it will “blur your vision”, some may e…
                        sigpic

Comment

I use anti-fog rain-x stuff on the inside of my visor, and generally breathe out downward as well. I only have a problem with fog when I'm barely moving. Once I get out on the open road it clears up. If I'm in town for a while, and get tired of directing my breath, I will pull my scarf up over my mouth and nose. (Yeah, I wear a scarf..... come at me, bro! )
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            Lol, it seriously helps.

FWIW, my RF1k has a breath guard and it doesnt do ****. I ended up ripping it out because it was so worthless.
                            Bullcrap. My helmet has a little flap under my chin to keep my chin warm. Breathing downward doesn't help.

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                            Yeah, that guard seems worthless.

Thinking about the suggested rain-x treatment. Didn't the same company that makes that come out with a fog-x years ago. I seem to remember something like that.
                            I've tried Scott's Anti Fog so far and it doesn't work that well. THey say more applications make it work better so I'm gonna try that. As far as RainX goes, doesn't it say on the bottle not to use it on plastics?

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                              As far as RainX goes, doesn't it say on the bottle not to use it on plastics?
                              Didn't your helmet come with a manual that said to only ever wipe the visor with mild soap and water on a 100% cotton cloth?

If you aren't comfortable using Rain-X, baby shampoo works too. Put some on a cloth, wipe it on, and then rinse it off (you'll have to do this with the visor removed). You could just spit on your visor like scuba divers do, but I find that a little gross.

I prefer the convenience of my way. I have a package of Rain X anti-fog wipes that I use inside my visor, and I clean the outside, generally, with the scrubber and squeegee at the gas station. Maybe I wouldn't do this if I tended to keep helmets for a long time.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X