X

Alarm/ remote start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm/ remote start

I am trying to hook up my alarm. The bike is an 06 katana 600.i have the basic alarm hooked up fine but the remote start feature is not working it will crank but wont start, it will only remote start when the key is on. I've tried the search. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? anyone have a remote start on a post kat?

On the alarm side I have
    (red)- 12v in
    (orange) - 12v out
    (blue) - remote start (+12v when pressed)
    (pink) - ?
    (grey) - ?
    (yellow) - left signal
    (yellow) - right signal

Er.... a remote start on a bike is pretty dangerous...

If you leave the bike in gear and goose the remote start... the bike could take off.

I assume your issue is related to clutch or side stand safety.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I can think of several (half a dozen?) more reasons not to use remote start.
      I think Steves is #1
      Running the kat on choke or just idling for a long time isn't good.
      Letting a bike run unattended is dangerous;
      It could vibrate off the stand
      It could get "borrowed"
      Kids.
      Overheating
      Kids

As for why it's not starting?
      If the blue wire is connected to something (because you gave us zero info on where you attached those wires) like the starter relay, that isn't going to start the bike, it will just run the starter. This isn't like hooking up a stereo, you need to be able to read and understand the wiring diagram..

Comment

it wont start because you are putting power to the relay but the ignition is still off (no spark) you need to put 12v to the ignition.
        you will also need to bypass the clutch safety switch (just use a jumper wire between the two connectors to complete the circuit.)

leave the neutral switch alone, you crank it over in gear and the bike will fall over. I dont see how it will start when cold without the choke unless you plan on running it via a servo
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

You have two different systems to deal with here. One is the ignition circuit and the other is the starter circuit. The ignition circuit will not allow the bike to start if you just put 12volts to it. You have to look at a wiring diagram for your key switch and ohm it out with a meter to figure out how you need to wire your alarm. As for the starter circuit, you will have to bypass the clutch switch for the starter to engage. As others have stated, I would not recommend a remote starter on any bike with a carburetor. I have replaced my key switch with a remote ignition system controlled by a latching output from my alarm system. Good luck

Comment

where did you get this crazy idea? remote starters are for fuel-injected cars w /automatic trans., not bikes

Comment

I looked at the wiring diagram and I beleive it shows 6 wires paired when the key is on
              Red-orange
              Brown-grey
              Black with wht stripe- orange with yellow stripe
              is this correct?
              The remote start (blue) wire I have hooked up right after the start button to the yellow/green wire.
              I know its not the best idea to put a remote start on a bike. But hey u have to make mistakes to learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
                where did you get this crazy idea? remote starters are for fuel-injected cars w /automatic trans., not bikes
                I put one on my 5 speed jetta. Just couldn't remote start when I parked on hills
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                X