No announcement yet.
X

Jacket for a short, large breasted woman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know my girlfriend well enough to know she would rather me buy something supportive for her to wear underneath!
    sigpic
    "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."
    "Katrina" 2001 750 Black/Anthracite

Comment

...images of the old joke about Dolly Parton coming on stage and trying to stand up...

Supportive is good. According to the wife (who's not exactly flat-chested, either) silk is romantic. She's got supportive stuff already.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Just an update for those who helped:

Ended up ordering the Scorpion Nip/Tuck jacket today. We sized up at a dealer using Joe Rocket and Alpinestars jackets, but before I got around to ordering I ran into a female rider who highly suggested the Nip Tuck today. I noticed she was around the same size as my girlfriend while getting fuel today on the way home, and I just decided to ask her what jacket it was and how she was liking it. She was super excited that I even asked and raved about it for a bit. She said we would have to order one-up from blouse size to fit her breasts and still zip up. Apparently the corset-style side straps really help keep the jacket against the stomach, waist, and hips even when the jacket is upsized for the chest area.

The only thing I'm worried about is the sleeve length though, because she was at least 3-4" taller than my short-*** girlfriend. She did get full gauntlets as well (I dissuaded her from wanting gloves without wrist support) so when they get in we will just have to see. If the sleeves wrinkle too much from being too long, we can always exchange it online for the JR Atomic, which fit her well at the dealership.

Side note: We got her a Scorpion EXO-1000 in the design/color she wanted for like $200 at the dealership! Normally $350 there. I know we could have saved ~$35 ordering online, but we wanted to ride that day and I'm embarrassed to tell you how old her former helmet was. It's in the garbage now. Regardless, my girlfriend has better gear than me now. My Fieldsheer/Fulmer setup feels so inferior now...
        sigpic
        "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder View Post
          ...my girlfriend has better gear than me now...
          ...and that's a good thing. You're in control of that bike. Anything that happens is your responsibility. While she's on the bike with you she's trusting you to keep her safe. You've done the right thing.

Of course that doesn't mean you're not next for some new gear. Soon as the budget allows...
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Yep, I definitely will be investing in some pants/a full suit soon. After looking down in a hard corner and seeing my knee a few inches away from the ground I want to be prepared for if my knee ever touches. I understand that's not a goal, but a result. I just know that my limit is slowly growing as my riding skill slowly increases even though my bike's limit is pretty far away still.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll just mention... don't forget that even leather gear can be adjusted or fitted to you.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I realize it's a little late for me to jump into this conversation, but my gf is also ample chested - I believe she's a 40D. Anyhow, when we were at a polar bear ride, the stop was at a huge motorsports dealership where I had her try on a few jackets. The one that fit her best for colder weather was a Firstgear Trinity, in Large - the jacket is narrow waisted, with a fairly generous chest area, allowing her to zip up without pressing her chest too tightly. Needless to say, the jacket was part of her xmas gift (which I bought online) for far less coin.
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Thanks diavolo that is definitely useful information. We don't know if she's going to want to ride when it gets colder but if she does I will know where to start for a jacket. The dealership we checked out carries Firstgear as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was a first gear dealer.... its crap !

I eventually sent it all back except the gloves... I still love the gloves

check out Castle.
                    Castle X Snow Gear and Castle X Snow Helmets • Castle Motorcycle Gear and Castle Motorcycle Helmets

my girl is the same. shes been trying on jackets for 2+ years. She finally ordered a Castle Turbine jacket. fits her like a dream and not smushin the twins.
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

My wife is similar in build and uses the joe rocket atomic 8.0
                      `03 Shadow VLX
                      `92 Kat 750 Project
                      ~M109R in the near future
                      Originally posted by arsenic
                      Oil's like religion, there's a million of them and yours is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X