X

92 600 project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 600 project

Just wondering what you guys think. Picked this up for $200. Got it to start for a minute with a shot of starter fluid, but the carbs are gummed and the tank is a little rusted so have to get that cleaned before attempting to idle. Other than nuts and bolts, it's all there. Feel free to shoot some ideas my way as to color etc. So far the only suggestion I get is Spiderman themed red and blue, but what do expect from a 4 yr old. So let me know. I do ok or get screwed?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by phantasm; 04-29-2011, 06:08 AM.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Gonna need an airbox.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

...and a windscreen.

Actually, the Spiderman idea isn't half bad. Go with a cobalt blue and ruby red with some light metal flake and it might just look pretty cool.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

got the air box and windscreen. I think the po was trying to get the bike up and running and ready for paint. I'm up in the air if he knew what he was doing though. Had the vacuum tube from the petcock goint to the fuel gauge sending unit vent. Thats the onething I hate about getting something someone else started. Haveing to figure out what they did. But for $200 I think its worth the effort

Comment

You got a decent ride if the motor is good, forks are straight, and frame isn't bent.

What part of Tenn are you in?

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

So far it all looks good. Rebuilding the carbs now. I live in lexington, tn. Just west of jackson
            Last edited by phantasm; 04-29-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

you got a steal (whether the motor is good or not) i paid $50 for mine (94 kat) and now the seller wants to buy it back since he caught a glimpse of my progress! so go ahead get it done cause i want to see the end result!

Comment

update

been awhile so figured it was time for an update. after a lot of cleaning and appropriation of orings from work,and too many 4 lettler words for this forum, i finally got the carbs straight. even found a whole jar of 5mm washers for those pesky a/f screws. got a p.o. plug wiring issue and wrong airbox fixed and now the little kat perrs again. got the new cross brace in the mail today. now all thats left is acid bath, clean and coat gas tank. clean,repair,replace brakes as needed, rebuild petcock, new tires, possible new front rim (small dent migt be able to repair.) and repair and paint plastics. what can I say, i'm not sure if the list is getting longer or shorter. at least the hard parts done and it runs again.

Comment

Good to hear you are making progress... Post pics once you start the painting...

This site is part learning, and part entertainment... I cannot wait to see the Spidey Theme...lol
                  "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

id like to see the spiderman theme too...keep us posted!
                    GO CARDS!!!!!

Comment

Yep. Pretty much decided to go for it with spidey. Hav some color schemes on the pc i'll try to post just to see what everyone thinks.

Comment

Working...
                      X