X

PARKING LOT PARKING.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PARKING LOT PARKING.

I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else besides me.
    Yes. It happens all the time.
    0.00%
    No. You're being paranoid.
    100.00%
    I never noticed.
    0.00%
    Check out my www

I don't make a point of parking far away from everybody. As a matter of fact, I've gotten into the habit of parking in those hashed off areas right up front (unless next to handicapped parking cuz they would knock it over I fear) or even on the sidewalk right in front of the store. Nobody ever seems to mind, somebody asked once and I said I didn't want it to get stolen and they seemed to think that was legit enough.
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

It's funny you bring this up because it just happened to me today. I was at Burger King today over lunch and I parked where I normally do, a space to small to fit any car or garbage dumpster in with two cage spots, 1 running right parallel with me and another running the opposite way. This is in the rear of the lot in a corner. I eat lunch and come out to notice a F-150 parked right beside me. The owner is sleeping in the drivers seat for some reason. This kinda thing doesn't bother me as long as they don't hit the bike when backing in although I thought it was kinda strange that he parked there when there was about 35 other spaces around. Maybe he just wanted to be away from the fuss when he took his nap. Come to think of it he might have been dead because the whole time I stood there smoking my cig I did not see him move a wink, even when I started my Kat up right beside him.

Comment

I didnt really notice untill now. But yesterday, after I came back from a vacation, a friend told me that someone knocked my bike over my bike, and when they saw it, it was lying on the ground. My right rear footpeg broke and there were a few scratches on the front right side fairing. I am really pi$$ed at whoever did it, cause I am at a loss now. I guess I'll park it in a safe spot next time.
        2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Originally posted by skotty
          I didnt really notice untill now. But yesterday, after I came back from a vacation, a friend told me that someone knocked my bike over my bike, and when they saw it, it was lying on the ground. My right rear footpeg broke and there were a few scratches on the front right side fairing. I am really pi$$ed at whoever did it, cause I am at a loss now. I guess I'll park it in a safe spot next time.
          That really sucks man, was it in a parking lot with lots of people in it because someone might have seen what happened to it. It is a possibility that it just feel over on it's own as well. I am always worried about coming out and seeing something like this

Comment

yeah, someone did see it, and left a number. Initially I thought it was the person who dropped the bike that left the number. So I was almost about to vent to the person who picked the phone, but I kept my cool. The lady on the line said that it was her neice who had seen what happened and that she would be home the next day. I am really hoping to get to the bottom of this. I have put this up in a post just now;

2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

I don't get freaked out about cars parking next to me unless I parked on the sidewalk to begin with...
              The ones that bug me are the ones over the lines, parked partially into my space, because it tells me they don't know their vehicles well enough to know where their corners are and are potentially dangerous to me in traffic... and to the bike in parking lots... which is often why I like to park on the sidewalk.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I park my bike pretty much in the same fashion I park my car......in a regular parking spot.
                In 25 years, only once did someone actually hit it, and they knocked it over.
                I pocketed about $2k from it......so let the fookers knock it over if they like. In fact, I encourage it.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                  I park my bike pretty much in the same fashion I park my car......in a regular parking spot.
                  +1

I hate seeing bikes parked on the sidewalk or in marked off areas. It just enforces the idea that bikers are trouble makers that do not follow the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                    I hate seeing bikes parked on the sidewalk or in marked off areas. It just enforces the idea that bikers are trouble makers that do not follow the rules.
                    Might not hate it so much if there were zero car spots left because all the bikers took car parking spaces (happens frequently in this area because of the population explosion).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      Might not hate it so much if there were zero car spots left because all the bikers took car parking spaces (happens frequently in this area because of the population explosion).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      So if I go to the mall and the lot is full I can park my car on the sidewalk? It is a small car. People can easily walk around it.

Comment

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        I will find an "alternate" spot if the lot is full or the only other option is way off out of site from the general public....as in too isolated.
                        My prefered spot is at the end of a row. just beside the first spot in a row. never had a problem with those spots.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          So if I go to the mall and the lot is full I can park my car on the sidewalk? It is a small car. People can easily walk around it.
                          I have to agree here. Motorcycles have the same rights as every other vehicle on the road. And they also have the same rules and responsibilities. Let the cagers complain that motorcycles take up all the parking. It's a problem for engineers and builders to fix, not us.

I've neveer had anyone park right next to my bike. I always park as I would my cage. I just make sure it's back far enough that everyone can see it before whipping into the same spot.
                          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                          -Terence

Comment

I used to park on the sidewalk and marked off areas until I found out it is illegal. Cops don't seem to enforce it here (Washington state), but I stopped just in case I run into a cop having a bad day!
                            Check out my www

Comment

Happens all the time. Even in empty parking lots where there is no one else, and about 1,000,000 spaces, they like to park right beside her?

Comment

Working...
                              X