Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Pics of bike heart transplant. Need opinions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of bike heart transplant. Need opinions.

Well, i eventually got the motor into my 82 today, went in pretty straight forward really.The new motor is a 92 GSXR750,which will have much more performance than the old GS1000 motor.Not as much as the 1127 that this was supposed to be, but that's another story While i was on a roll, i decided to change the rear end,but not sure i like it, it's only mocked up right now, so an easy change. The new undertail exhaust addition is what is causing my indecision, i want it to stay, but i think maybe the tail is now to high and forward, let me know what you think.

Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Funny...those are the same engine mounts bolted to my frame except mines still missing the engine Wish all my time was geting eaten up by work and wedding planning...

Engine looks spot on but the tail...not too sure. Everytime I look at your bike the tail just seems to proportionately large for the rest of the bodywork. I like the second picture with no tail best.

Ever considered going back to stock? I saw an 80's GSX in streetfighters a while back that had a seat very much like a katana except he did an underseat exhaust with the exhaust exiting through tow holes on either side of the rear tailpiece. Just a thought.

Glad to see the oil cooler in the frame though...gets me motivated to put in a few more early mornings to get mine bolted in...

Comment

You could put an access door on that tail and call it luggage.

I'd have to agree with Waltari though - it looks too big for the bike.
      There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

I agree about the tail looking too big. Also, what do you think about closing the gap between side covers and tail, so the line flow together? I think you should consider that.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Walt, the mounts are from plans on old skool suzuki, i am sure you told me about them.I made them from 304 stainless. Yeah the tail is an issue, i have always thought of it being to big too, but remmember, it's from a honda.I would like to make it work, but just cant get it right. StevieB,as fpr closing the gaps, i had thought of glassing the three peices together,but just a thought. Going back to stock? That has crossed my mind many times, i have the tail peice, but no seat. To make room for the undertail exhaust, i will still have to raise the rear seat area, mmm.

Comment

The bike looks good.
            If the tail is being the issue, maybe a early 90's Gixxer tail, a TL1000 (2001) tail or maybe a GS500F tail may work (just my suggestions there)
            but over all The bike looks very good and clean Keep up the good work

Comment

I dunno , if the seat take up a good deal of that space (thinking like a 98+ Kat goes deeper than the pre ) , then I'd think the tail'd be just fine .... And if that'd the case , you could have a NICE fat comfy seat ....
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Honestly? I never liked this tail like it was mounted in your sig, looked as if it would fall off, did'nt do good too a further well-modded bike

my 2 cents...

Get rid off that tail and look for a tail which will flow with the rest off the lines, go back to stock, or......

You can get this one to work, it's got potential, but it would need pretty much shaving and welding, an even more inclined (clockwise-rotated) angle, shaving and welding the lowerparts in a way they meet the front aso.
                Bottomline it's got to "loose weight" and it must flow better with the lines off the front.

Comment

A quick rough impression what I meant.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                    A quick rough impression what I meant.
                    \\Funny Roger, that looks like the angle of the tail on your bike

Comment

I followed the lines off the tank Matthew, because I like the clean looks if lines are paralel too each other, but I must say the angle is quit identical.
                      Btw if I look at your Kat in your sig its tail is allso following the line off the tank. , so I guess you do agree bro 8)
                      Apart from that the steaper angle would enhance the looks off the SS-arm imo.
                      Like I said just a rough fast visual off what I would do, nothing more nothing less

Comment

So, i guess the tail has to go huh. I had no idea it was so unpopular, you should have told me before now, bitches. I really appriciate the input though, i have a couple of hours free this afternoon ,i will see what i can come up with, the stock tailpeice may work, will just have to make a custom seat or half seat.mmm.

Kwebbel, i have had the seat up at that angle before, and roughly in that position, just wasnt right. I think i will have to face the facts, it's got to go, no problem.

Comment

Took us some time and effort to convince you bro , but at least it will go

Bitches.....

HAH!!

Comment

Well, came up with this, still not sure, but an improvement, i am sure you will let me know. I will fabricate a rear peice, and use the half seat i have.Joining the seat to the tail bottom.Still not sure how to fill in thoes gaps, i may not.

Comment

I like it better already!

Comment

Working...
                              X