X

What oil do you guys use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What oil do you guys use?

Just wondering cause my bike is getting a bit old n rattly now, wondering if anyone puts anything slightly thicker in their older engines!
    "they haven't made a motorcycle in oh 35yrs where you can turn the head light off Confused"

burger?

Thicker? No.. Stick with the spec weight. Switch to synthetic maybe. I use Rotella. I did not like Bel-ray..

Comment

Mobil 1 next time hit the search button, it won't hurt

Comment

mobil 1 "racing" 4t

Comment

I use Castrol GPS and Mobil 1 motorcycle products (Racing 4T as 10w40 and VTwin 20w50). Virtually any oil with the JASO-MA stamp on it will work well for your purposes.
          As for the weight to use, here's my simple rule: If you would burn your feet or feel uncomfortable walking barefoot on aspault, use 20w50, otherwise use 10w40. Or mix the two...

Far more important is what oil types not to use:

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

CP,
            how many times do you think you've posted that oil thing? I think I've seen it 25-50 times

Comment

Amsoil 10W-40 here.
              93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

maybe we should just make CP's oil thingie a sticky, is that done already?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                  CP,
                  how many times do you think you've posted that oil thing? I think I've seen it 25-50 times
                  It's a macro on my set-up, just like the search box graphic...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    I use Castrol GPS and Mobil 1 motorcycle products (Racing 4T as 10w40 and VTwin 20w50). Virtually any oil with the JASO-MA stamp on it will work well for your purposes.
                    As for the weight to use, here's my simple rule: If you would burn your feet or feel uncomfortable walking barefoot on aspault, use 20w50, otherwise use 10w40. Or mix the two...

Far more important is what oil types not to use:

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    The master has spoken

I was fortunate years ago to start following Cyber's advice on oil, and well pretty much everything else...

So yes I use Castrol GPS for the first several thousand miles, then I switch to Mobil 1 VTwin 20-50...

It gets hotter than the seventh plane of hell here in So Calif (for example it's 7:30pm right now and 100 degrees out still ...and these two oils work great in the extreme temps.

Wishing everyone on KR the very best 8)

Comment

so bein in good ol' rainy england, ill stick with 10w40 but go fully synth next time
                      "they haven't made a motorcycle in oh 35yrs where you can turn the head light off Confused"

burger?

Comment

yeah, what do you have in there now?

Comment

Motul 5100 15-50 in the winter and 10-40 in the winter.
                          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 Synthetic Oil
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                              Motul 5100 15-50 in the winter and 10-40 in the winter.
                              HEY!!!!!!!!

Since when does Cali get to get two winters? Crap I want two here in RI so I can snowboard more.

If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
                              X