X

Need some help with my post wheel install 95 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with my post wheel install 95 750

Ok so i got the old wheel and tire off and when i put the new wheel on the bolts on the sprocket rub the inside of my swingarm.... Am i putting something on backwards or do i need a larger spacer is there any tutorial for this? Or like a step by step or something.... I switched the pre sprocket onto the post hub btw if that helps any
    Last edited by Jessehendrixp1; 12-01-2016, 04:14 PM.

Where does is rub? Maybe you have the spacers on backwards. Maybe you need the post axle spacers. I dunno. If it rubs toward the outside of the sprocket, chances are the wheel isn't aligned correctly. If it rubs closer to the center of the sprocket, it's likely a spacer issue
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Its just the bolts that hold the sprocket on the hub rubbing the swingarm i think its the spacer i got some big heavy duty washers sane size as the spacer im gonna try to shim it out with

Comment

Yea thats what it was it just needed to be shimmed a lil bit...... Man i just took it for a test ride and i cant believe the handling difference holy crap!!!!! I guess the 160 that was on the 3.5 stock wheel really does make it handle bad because its like a whole new bike

Comment

The pre spacer is around... 9mm if I remember right. The post uses a wider spacer, around 14mm I believe.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            The pre spacer is around... 9mm if I remember right. The post uses a wider spacer, around 14mm I believe.

Krey
            Right, you need the post spacers too.

Comment

What i did was use the pre spacers but i got a few hameavy duty washers that are the same diameter as the spacer to put next to it.... Seems to be working fine... Is there any problem with doing this? I mean is it unsafe i dont see how its different really.... Got plenty of clearance and i rode it a few hundred miles with no ill affects
              Last edited by Jessehendrixp1; 12-09-2016, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessehendrixp1 View Post
                What i did was use the pre spacers but i got a few hameavy duty washers that are the same diameter as the spacer to put next to it.... Seems to be working fine... Is there any problem with doing this? I mean is it unsafe i dont see how its different really.... Got plenty of clearance and i rode it a few hundred miles with no ill affects
                No danger or harm. Just convenient to not have many multiples to deal with every time you have the wheel off. The washers will do the same thing. The main point is to just have clearance for the swing arm and the sprocket bolts. The exact width of the spacing doesn't matter otherwise as the swing arm flexes, so that's a variable even when assembled and being ridden. So... 13mm or 15mm... doesn't matter. Just clear those bolts and your good.

I promise... if you put 10 swing arms together and stacked them... you would have 10 different measurements as they sit.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Lol thats what i figured!! Its working great looks and rides a whole lot better also ill be ordering a matchjng front in a week or so

Comment

Working...
                  X