X

Runs Rough at Low Revs! Please Help!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runs Rough at Low Revs! Please Help!!

I have a 1992 gsx600f and after some time off the road i have got it running again. The only problem i now have is at low rpm the bike has no power and runs rough. I have tried:
    1) Clean the carbs they had bugs living in them
    2) Synchronized the carbs at idel
    3) Changed all the intake o rings
    I you have any idea what is wrong please let me know

Originally posted by toxicfrog View Post
    I have a 1992 gsx600f and after some time off the road i have got it running again. The only problem i now have is at low rpm the bike has no power and runs rough. I have tried:
    1) Clean the carbs they had bugs living in them
    2) Synchronized the carbs at idel
    3) Changed all the intake o rings
    I you have any idea what is wrong please let me know

Check for proper spark, and also that your wires/plug caps are not arcing.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I have changed the spark plugs but the leads and plug caps are old so maybe that is the problem i will have a look.
      Thanks for the help i hope its that easy

Comment

Synching isn't done at idel, idol or even idle, but at around 1700rpm. If you didn't do that you should synch again and see if that helps.

Are the AF screws set at 2 1/2 turns out?

If spark is weak, you can try cutting 1/2 inch off each end of each lead so you are contacting fresh copper. It's easy at the plug end but more fiddly at the coils.

Comment

Thanks i will try to sync at 1700rpm as i did it about 1000rpm (should have looked at the book) could that make that sort of running problem??
          The AF screws are 2.5 turns out.
          I don't think there is enough lead to cut that much off but if i still have probs after syncing again i will try to put new leads.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicfrog View Post
            Thanks i will try to sync at 1700rpm as i did it about 1000rpm (should have looked at the book) could that make that sort of running problem??
            The AF screws are 2.5 turns out.
            I don't think there is enough lead to cut that much off but if i still have probs after syncing again i will try to put new leads.

If your short enough on your plug wires, or they are hardened and not flexiable, it's long past replacement on the plug wires anyway.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The plug wires are still flexible but if the carb balance does not sort the problem then the wires and caps will be the next job. I will try to do this when i have time probably Friday when i have a day off. Thanks for all of your help it has given me things to think about

Comment

Working...
              X