X

GSXR 1000 Motor in a Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXR 1000 Motor in a Katana

Can a GSXR 1000 motor be put in a 2005 Katana 750?

sure it can.....with enough time, and money, you'd spend more then a gixxer 1k costs to make it happen....so why not buy a gixxer youngin??

silly noobs....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

AHHHH!!! Somebody post the search button image, quick!

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
      mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
      Last edited by loudnlow7484; 11-14-2008, 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        AHHHH!!! Somebody post the search button image, quick!

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49487

Yeah LnL i'm sure he is referring to a newer Gix thats FI and liquid cooled...not older motors....

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
          Yeah LnL i'm sure he is referring to a newer Gix thats FI and liquid cooled...not older motors....
          I know.... I was hoping that the thread would point him in the right direction.... Hopefully before the wolf pack finds this thread and eats him alive!
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            I know.... I was hoping that the thread would point him in the right direction.... Hopefully before the wolf pack finds this thread and eats him alive!

you right.....where's Chris?

Comment

Yeah it can, why don't you throw a 190 rear on the stock rim too, that would be sweet.
              Semper Fi
              1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Maybe he wants the comfort of the kat? And the durability of the steel frame?

I think to answer the question though, yes you can, but no its not just a bolt on mod. There will be custom fabrication involved (likely quite a bit too).
                  Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Wait.... I'm confused. What the hell is that thing circled in red?
                    Some people carry on
                    Some just stay right where they are
                    Our worlds divide

Comment

it's this

Comment

lol back when chris was arsenic13, I've had that icon for a loooooooong time
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ok you wolves...Here is the answer to your question:
                          Per Special K...
                          "I've installed a few different engines into Katana 600 frames. The following engines fit DIRECTLY and EASILY into any 89-02 600 or 750 Kat frame:

98+ Kat 600
                          98+ Kat 750
                          GSXR 1100 (the old 1127 motor)
                          Bandit 1200
                          Bandit 600
                          Early GSXR 750's"

So yes technically you can put a GSXR 1100 (not 1000) engine in a Kat!!
                          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                            So yes technically you can put a GSXR 1100 (not 1000) engine in a Kat!!
                            Whoa! Let's not mislead anyone. You can put an OIL COOLED GSXR1100 engine in simply. The later GSXR1100's (from 93-98, right?) were water cooled and still don't work.

Comment

Don't listen to all the negative posts, of course it can be done! Figure 20-30 hours for franme modifications,another 10 or so modifying the fuel tank for the pump and the clearance for the airbox for downdraft injectors, and a couple days splicing the gsxr 1000 wiring harness into the Kat harness, a couple hours modifying your bodywork for the radiator, couple days getting the bugs out and you're riding! BTW, I'll take that old 750 motor off your hands for you.
                              1996 600 Bandit
                              1955 HD Pan/Shovel
                              1971 HD Superglide
                              1987 1100 Sportster

Comment

Working...
                              X