X

My First Drop w/ the Kat today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Drop w/ the Kat today

Well yesturday got my bike back from the shop w/ my Artfibras undertail installed so today was my second ride of the year so I cruise down a road
    that I know has that big sharp turn and I didnt slow down in time sooooooo when I approached it got the edge w/ a whole bunch of rocks
    so I decided to pull to the side but the rocks didnt let me get away and I said to myself please don't drop yet so I skid and droped it for the first time like everyone else but rode off safely I was real lucky I just had scratches on the side fairing and belly guard no damage or cracks, yes the scratches are bad enough but I do need to get some frame sliders good news is as soon as I get my sleek I'll just get the farrings re-painted if its not to pricey but yes everyone I'm in the club now

If you tell yourself you're going to drop it, you will.... confidence does wonders
    Two goldfish were in their tank.
    One turns to the other and says,
    "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Originally posted by Mark3748
      If you tell yourself you're going to drop it, you will.... confidence does wonders
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Ouch! Glad you are ok though.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Just don't let it happen again!

And paint and some R&R on the fairings probably won't be cheap, I would say in the $500 ballpark, for good work. Cheaper than buying new fairings though...I think?
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Did you lowside? If so, how did the gear held up? Did the bike hit the curb? Was there one? Damn bro, share the details

Also, you don't have to tell the whole story in one sentence
            Rock out with your knee out

FREE utilities for your PC

Comment

Ummm whats lowside ?? I guess the gear was ok and there was no curb or guardrails.

Yo MPZ Don't mind my paragraphs and sentences,
              I haven't done good in that since english class in highschool, my bad.

Comment

This should help!

Here's the summary from Timberwoof's Motorcycle FAQ: A high-side is where the bike suddenly regains traction after beginning to skid and spits the rider over the bike. The rider typically exits on the high side of the bike�the side not closest to the ground. A low-side is simply where the bike loses traction and skids into the ground with the rider remaining on the low side of the bike�the side closest to the ground. High-sides are usually more severe. The most common high-side accident scenario is where the rider loses traction at the rear wheel (due to excessive power or over-braking), the bike starts to skid, the rider regains traction suddenly by releasing the brake or chopping the power, and the bike immediately regains traction and spits the rider over the bike and tumbles. The key to avoiding this is learning not to chop the power and not to overuse the rear brake. Low sides mean you slide out on your bum or side. High sides literally throw you over the bike into the air, often with the bike landing on top of you. Try not to high side.

Comment

yeah I lowsided

Comment

Bummer dude.

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
                      Bummer dude.
                      Actually,the scratches aren't that bad. I could actually mabye get color rite paint to touch then up. But since I got a another seat cowl comming, Ill just get the farrings repainted so I feel a bit better now

Comment

Working...
                      X