X

Pre carb specs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre carb specs

Hey guys hoping someone can help me out. I'm away from home so I can't quite measure mine. I'm looking to install pod filters on my bike so I was wondering what size I'd need. The ones I'm looking at have an id of 52mm anyone perchance know the dimensions on the air box side of your carbs?

I'm asking so I can go ahead and order them
    Last edited by Beer4blood; 08-22-2016, 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

DONT DO IT!!!!! Your bike will run like shit.....it takes ALOT of knowledge and time to tune those POS filters. Just not worth the effort and the time.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

+1

Why do you want pod filters over the air box?
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Street fighter set up. Plus I bought the bike as a fire victim so no air box. I understand the tuning involved fellas no worries. Just help a brother out and lemme get a measurement. I have jets and needles to solve that issue

Comment

Originally posted by Beer4blood View Post
          Street fighter set up. Plus I bought the bike as a fire victim so no air box. I understand the tuning involved fellas no worries. Just help a brother out and lemme get a measurement. I have jets and needles to solve that issue
          Sure you do. Cause that's all you need, just different main jets and some random needles. If you say you "understand the tuning involved", you obviously don't.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            Sure you do. Cause that's all you need, just different main jets and some random needles. If you say you "understand the tuning involved", you obviously don't.
            Sheesh......I have a question for you cam master. Your post days 91-92 gsxr 750 cams are a direct swap....would 93 work or do you know
            Last edited by Beer4blood; 08-24-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

No, 92 the GSXR went water cooled.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                No, 92 the GSXR went water cooled.
                Not in the US. The 92 GSXR 750 is still oil cooled. However, the rest of the world, Canada included, was water cooled in 1992. The GSXR 600 also came out in 1992, that's always been water cooled. Not that any of this information will make pods work on a Katana, but hey. I think Guy just typed 92 instead of 93. He's right, a 1993 GSXR 750 cam will not work. Correction, it will work just as well as pod filters.

Comment

No I found a 93 set and was wondering. So the cams are different in a water cooled engine?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Oops
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                        Oops
                        ???? Anyways good news I found a set of cams from a 91 in excellent condition for thirty bucks! Just got em today

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X