X

taller bars on 95 kat 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taller bars on 95 kat 600?

all the threads i'm reading are for the 98+ kat.
    I'm rocking a 95 Kat 600 and looking to get taller bars and i'm wondering if i'll need to buy all new cables and lines to get bars that offer more comfort?

the stock clip on on the right side is bent and honestly I'm not liking the leaned over position at all...

Anyone have any info on if taller bars will clear the fairings? Or has done the mod them selves and can post what had to be replaced if anything to make this mod work safely.

Thanks in advance!

Depends on what bars you use. The 750 triple will raise then 1" or so. Rethal bars and risers oh yes, longer break lines for sure.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Depends on what bars you use. The 750 triple will raise then 1" or so. Rethal bars and risers oh yes, longer break lines for sure.
      i was looking at doing the super bike bars with risers.
      So maybe a 3" rise over all.

so i'm assuming I'll need longer throttle, clutch cable, choke, and brake lines....

damn was trying to keep this on the cheap side

Comment

SS braided brake lines is what you'll want anyway.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

G&J make good brakes lines at very good prices. (~100) Motion pro makes custom lenth cables for 20-30 each. So in parts total, probably something like 3-400 for the 3". Swapping 609/750 triples is cheaper because you don't need new clutch/choke/throttle cables.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
            G&J make good brakes lines at very good prices. (~100) Motion pro makes custom lenth cables for 20-30 each. So in parts total, probably something like 3-400 for the 3". Swapping 609/750 triples is cheaper because you don't need new clutch/choke/throttle cables.
            yea i'll probably end up going this route.

it's a direct swap correct? just get the upper triple and top plate and i'm set?

Comment

I have a post kat - on that you need the upper triple top plate, the upper triple bottom plate, and the mounting bolts/cushions. Direct swap. Not 100% sure if its the same for the pre, but probably is.
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

so no one has actually put 750 bars on a pre?

Comment

LMGTFY
                  Last edited by skjeflo; 10-24-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
                    thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X