X

any other 100k riders out there?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any other 100k riders out there?

That is to say 100k miles on one machine that you put all the miles on does not have to be from mile 0 but just curious.
    I'm about to turn over the 6 figures and can't wait, i just put new tires on 3 weeks ago and i have been down to the dragon and back, along with 2000 other miles.

Nah, not yet. But I'm getting closer, 93,8xx miles on my Ninja 250. It'll be 94k shortly.
    Tony
    1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

The closest I've gotten is 80K. I'm pushing 70K with the current one but I fear (hopefully) that I'll score a new (to me) bike before I get to the magical 100K.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TonyKZ1 View Post
        Nah, not yet. But I'm getting closer, 93,8xx miles on my Ninja 250. It'll be 94k shortly.
        Tony
        Damn! Nice! I've got about 10k on the clock of the one I'm fixing up. Sure wouldn't mind if it went that long. Or my Kat (2 years, 3 months of ownership and 36000 miles. 4 years to go at this rate!).
        Any tips on making a ninja last that long besides regular oil/filter changes and valve adjustments?
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I should also mention that is 90something miles in a little over 5 years.

Comment

I haven't but I can brag about my dad. His 2001 Wing has 275000 miles on it and counting. Oh, btw he is 81

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
              I haven't but I can brag about my dad. His 2001 Wing has 275000 miles on it and counting. Oh, btw he is 81

Now that is awesome!

Comment

Wow! Bless him, what a cool dad!
                Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

+1000000 Awesome Dad!
                  sigpic

Comment

That is awesome...and a friendly tip of the howdy doo hat to you, Tom!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                      +1000000 Awesome Dad!
                      I think so too and in many other ways!

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                        The closest I've gotten is 80K. I'm pushing 70K with the current one but I fear (hopefully) that I'll score a new (to me) bike before I get to the magical 100K.

Will we see it in NC in July?
                        Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                          Damn! Nice! I've got about 10k on the clock of the one I'm fixing up. Sure wouldn't mind if it went that long. Or my Kat (2 years, 3 months of ownership and 36000 miles. 4 years to go at this rate!).
                          Any tips on making a ninja last that long besides regular oil/filter changes and valve adjustments?
                          That's basically it, regular oil changes & keep on top of the valve adjustments. Unfortunately though, all those miles aren't on the original engine, I put a new/used engine back in December 2011 at 70k miles. I bought the bike in May 2006 with 8k miles on it, and now several years later I've got over 94k miles on it now.
                          Tony
                          1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Originally posted by TonyKZ1 View Post
                            That's basically it, regular oil changes & keep on top of the valve adjustments. Unfortunately though, all those miles aren't on the original engine, I put a new/used engine back in December 2011 at 70k miles. I bought the bike in May 2006 with 8k miles on it, and now several years later I've got over 94k miles on it now.
                            Tony
                            Ahh, that'll do it. Still, that's pretty good for the original engine. Mine had 10k before grenading. "New" engine has about the same. Won't be racking up the miles as fast as you though, 2 bikes to split it between.
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
                              Will we see it in NC in July?
                              Working on bringing a Cali group with me next year. Trying to get the numbers together.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X