X

Low Idle Problem '00 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Idle Problem '00 600

My Kat's been idling low for the past month or so. I've cranked the idle up as far as it will go and it still falls to around 500-600 RPMs when I'm sitting at a light. My mechanic suggested that I clean up the spark plugs so I did, but I haven't seen any improvement. I know it tends to run rich and it's been jetted, so it idles a little low anyway, but it should be much closer to 1000 RPMs. I'm thinking about cleaning the carbs up, but I figured I'd ask around before spending a weekend doing that.

Any solutions to similar situations would be appreciated.

2000 GSX600F
    Jetted Carbs
    Yoshimura Exhaust

everything else is stock

Sorry...I forgot to post that I recently had a K&N Filter put on as well. I'm sure thats not causing my problem though
    Last edited by lighTToast; 09-19-2010, 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hmm than you need to adjust your pilot screws and prolly clean your carbs too
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
    X