No announcement yet.
X

Alex's 1989 Katana 750 picture thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I mean, just, wow. Super clean ride bro, def. a future KOTM contender right there.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
      Was this your first paint job or professional?
      I worked in autobody a couple years back. I was the prep/finisher. I'd never sprayed a basecoat/clearcoat finish until now. My former boss helped me out a lot... I couldn't have done it without him.

Originally posted by steves View Post
      Is the bike lowered, or was your center stand sinking?
      It's not lowered, the stand was probably sinking into the soft clay.

Originally posted by teddy View Post
      Wow. I mean, just, wow. Super clean ride bro, def. a future KOTM contender right there.
      That's what I've been looking forward to. I'm already in the pimpin thread for this month.

Thanks for all the good words everyone.
      My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Looks awesome, I'm looking at those signal lens for mine now also. Personally I LIKE the old paint job, could be because my '89 has the same one...
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I got the lenses from Dennis Kirk I wanted to keep the stock lights because I prefer the look of those compared to dinky aftermarket ones.

sigpic

Comment

Very nice!!!!!! (Now get rid of the ZG stickers on the screen......perfection!)
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              Very nice!!!!!! (Now get rid of the ZG stickers on the screen......perfection!)
              That's actually a good idea, then it'll look even cleaner.

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic looking bike, Alex. From the pics, it looks like your workmanship is top notch. She's almost too pretty to ride...almost.

Comment

Originally posted by fablican View Post
                  Fantastic looking bike, Alex. From the pics, it looks like your workmanship is top notch. She's almost too pretty to ride...almost.
                  Thanks dude.

No such thing as too pretty to ride though. I didn't build it to bring to shows. Don't worry I won't be shy with her.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
                    I got the lenses from Dennis Kirk I wanted to keep the stock lights because I prefer the look of those compared to dinky aftermarket ones.
                    I ditched the crap aftermarket ones that were on mine and went back to stock but i've never been really fond of the yellow lens. This will spiff mine up a bit. And it's not too pretty to ride. Trailer queens suck.
                    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Looks great! Our bikes look pretty similar actually. I'm diggin' the clear signal lenses. How did you make your pics so big?

Comment

Originally posted by moscar45 View Post
                        Looks great! Our bikes look pretty similar actually. I'm diggin' the clear signal lenses. How did you make your pics so big?
                        I host all my own pictures, so I can make them whatever size I want. 800x600 is my usual choice.

sigpic

Comment

She's clean!
                          [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

nice, very clean

Comment

Very clean looking paint job.......huge difference over the original!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                              Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

that thing looks sweet man. my dad has a 92 750 but has some bodywork to do to have it look as good as that lol

Comment

Working...
                                X