Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Stupidest thing you've seen/done on a bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, other than Squidtastic type dumb...

The most entertaining thing I have ever been witness to happened on the
    Blue Ridge Parkway, I pull up to a scenic view for a smoke, a number of full dress harley riders are chilling. Proceed to give me you-know-what about how irresponsible and rude most sport bike riders are and how we all like to take unecessary risks.

After a bit o discussion, I had enough and got re-suited up to continue my trip. A few of harley riders were gearing up as well. One of the primary harley dudes who was giving me shiat a few minutes ago pulls in front of me, stops at the stop sign, forgets to put his foot down and WHAM. Full dresser on it's side.

Just to be an @ss, what do I do? I carefully park my bike and help him pick up his bike. I got an apology for being an ass from him at least, but the look on his and his buddies faces was worth it all. Luckily I was able to keep a straight face until I got down the road and had my full-face on =)
    ~Neil

Comment

When I was about 16, my brother and I had a KX80. It was small for us, but it was fun and we rode it everywhere.

I was a junior in high school, and it was report card day. Let's just say I never applied myself in school. Just enought to get by.
      Anyway, my Dad gets home from work, and starts giving me the "Do you want to Pump Gas/Dig Ditches/Flip Burgers for a living?" lecture, and I get out the KX. My parent's dirt driveway is between the railroad tracks and their lawn, about 5 feet lower than both. My Dad standing on top of the hill, yelling at me, and I start the bike. He starts trying to yell louder, but I just look at him, smile and rev it some more. I finally kick it down into first, throttle up and dump the clutch. The clutch engaged, the rear tire caught, and flipped me right off the back of it. The bike ended up flipping into a mud puddle (still running, no less- ningningningningning), I'm laying in the dirt. My Dad just looks at me, shakes his head and goes inside.
      The U.S.-
      We might suck at soccer, but at least our babies arent starving.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        I think the dumbest thing was
        forgetting to put the side stand down..
        Then getting off the bike..

Hmm Guess I need to work harder
        dude I was shitfaced and remembered to put the side stand down and didnt ever spill my beer...Not funny....LOL

Comment

I tried a wheelie last night with a dirty tire, didn't bail but spinning a tire when that's the only one on the ground is a little fun
          Live and Lean.
          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
          Romans 3:23

Comment

Originally posted by Belthasar
            Ok, other than Squidtastic type dumb...

The most entertaining thing I have ever been witness to happened on the
            Blue Ridge Parkway, I pull up to a scenic view for a smoke, a number of full dress harley riders are chilling. Proceed to give me you-know-what about how irresponsible and rude most sport bike riders are and how we all like to take unecessary risks.

After a bit o discussion, I had enough and got re-suited up to continue my trip. A few of harley riders were gearing up as well. One of the primary harley dudes who was giving me shiat a few minutes ago pulls in front of me, stops at the stop sign, forgets to put his foot down and WHAM. Full dresser on it's side.

Just to be an @ss, what do I do? I carefully park my bike and help him pick up his bike. I got an apology for being an ass from him at least, but the look on his and his buddies faces was worth it all. Luckily I was able to keep a straight face until I got down the road and had my full-face on =)
            Karma can be a biatch huh

Comment

I guess my stupid moment was when I bought my YZF 600R I didn't realize that when the kick stand is down and you put it in 1st it shuts off duh duh. I kept trying and it kept shutting off so I call the local dealership screaming like an a$$ and saying you sold me a crappy bike blah blah threating to come down there and put my sneaker in his a$$(talking all kinds of shiate) the guy really calmy says "sir do you have the kick stand down" I was like sure do he was like well that is the problem it is a saftey thing and basiclly kills the bike. After that I didn't sow my face or call for about a year. Luckly we have about 4 local shops. I felt kind of stupid and learned how to properly put a bike in gear ...
              Between that and stalling at 5pm in the middle of traffic

I guess I got off the point of stupid to embarassing huh sorry folks get kind of carried away
              "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

I was showing off and was doing a burnout; as I have done so many, but this time a cute woman was looking and I tried to take off fast. I ended up runing into a sidewalk curb and cracked my crank cover and oil spilled everywhere.

I did get the woman's number though.
                Popcorn Love

Comment

Dumbest thing ive ever done was on my old interceptor 500 going through town. Was doing about 45-50 through a 35 section or road and totally forgot about the bridge in front of me being a 15 mph bridge. (old wooden rail road trellis type bridge.

Launched myself and the bike and cleared the bridge entirely, landed safely (good thing there were no cars at the stoplight immediately after the bridge), then immediately pulled over to clean out my pants.

Bridge is now gone and has been replaced with a "normal" bridge.
                  ~Neil

Comment

Last night as I was coming home on the highway, I saw a girl coming the opposite direction. I noticed that she wasn't wearing any gear, cruising along in just a tank top and shorts. Then I noticed that she was text messaging as she was riding That's the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
                    <-- I'm with Stupid!

Comment

Sounds like she can multitask well, LoL.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

OK, fess up. Who was it?
                        -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

poor guy

Comment

Originally posted by Belthasar
                            Dumbest thing ive ever done was on my old interceptor 500 going through town. Was doing about 45-50 through a 35 section or road and totally forgot about the bridge in front of me being a 15 mph bridge. (old wooden rail road trellis type bridge.

Launched myself and the bike and cleared the bridge entirely, landed safely (good thing there were no cars at the stoplight immediately after the bridge), then immediately pulled over to clean out my pants.

Bridge is now gone and has been replaced with a "normal" bridge.
                            Now THAT sounds like a good time I've done some little jumps before , but nothing more than a few feet after a sharp crest of a hill .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

2am speed runs on deserted roads known for wildlife with no gear..........
                              Ron
                              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny1877
                                http://www.thetartcart.com/videos/watch.aspx?Media=2645

OK, fess up. Who was it?
                                I like how the first thing he does when he gets up is tug at his jacket like he has to make sure he still looks good.

but you know....it is a thing that can happen easily enough. I was getting that result with the old kat the other day.....only I was in a big empty parking lot with nothing to hit.
                                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X