X

gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gloves

sorry if this is a repost but,how many of you wear riding gloves in the summer and why?

Safety is number one reason... not cause they are comfortable or not comfortable etc... i could careless but i wear mine for safety... i also think i have better grip with leather gloves on
    Shiny side up !!!

Comment

I wear theses EVERY time I ride somewhere . No , it doesn't suck in the summer . Oh yeah , and I've crashed a couple times ... once without gloves , and once with . I'll say I'd REALLY rather crash WITH gloves . It sucks waiting 2 weeks for the skin on your hands to grow back before you can touch anything without BLEEDING all over it .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Well thanks for the info.i think i may get some.

Comment

I bought a pair of Teknic Pursuit perforated gloves for summer riding. Additionally, it you buy a pair of gloves specifically for summer jaunts, I would recommend that you buy gloves without a gauntlet. The reason being is the the gauntlet will keep the airflow out of your arms of your jacket, which would otherwise help you keep cool.
          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I bought a set of the Icon TiMax short gloves two years ago, and they're still going strong.....Last month I bought a new 2006 long version, so that I'll have something with good coverage on the track.

Oh, and some TourMaster Cold Front gloves for cold and rainy days.
            FrankenKat 1216
            GS Fiter 816
            GSXR750! (race)

Comment

I nnever ride without gloves, summer or ortherwise.
              Think of it this way:
              If you fall (even while walking), what would be the first part of your body to touch the ground?
              brought to you by the letter S, and the number 1

Comment

I also wear the Icon TiMax gloves. Besides safety, I like the extra padding and I wouldn't want a bug squishing allover my hand or a rock hitting it.
                sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Re: gloves

Originally posted by sled_head25
                  how many of you wear riding gloves in the summer and why?
                  I wear gloves all the time, why? because what's the first thing you do when you fall? You put your hands out to stop yourself . At any speed that's gonna hurt without gloves.

If heat is an issue, there is a few brands that have a mesh/perforated glove that will keep you cooler in the summer.
                  Kyle

Comment

I have a pair of:
                    Speedrag Stunter X
                    Icon Super Duty
                    AGV Demon Gloves
                    Joe Rocket Phoenix
                    Speedrag Gauntlet Gloves

I like the Speedrag and Icon...really liked the Joe Rocket but wore them out...did not like the feel of the Demon Gloves..
                    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I have alpinestar alloy gloves and wear them all the time, they are pretty good for summer riding. I wear them for protection against rocks, falls, bugs and they have a nice hard knuckle area incase you need to punch someone
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

These are what I have. http://www.newenough.com/product_pic...loves/blue.jpg
                        They have vents in the fingers that alow alot of airflow so your hands don't get too hot. They are a great pair of gloves.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
                          These are what I have....
                          'Bout time for a New Enough plug in this thread. Here are ten more options for twenty to fifty bucks.

Comment

well done sven!
                            brought to you by the letter S, and the number 1

Comment

I picked up a pair of Icon Pursuit gloves, perforated, not only for the protection if I fall but because I've ran without gloves before and been hit by bugs/rocks and gone home with cracked knuckles or bleeding because of it. If you find a glove that fits like a second skin, and has pleanty of airflow while you are on the road you wont even notice you have them on until they serve their purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X