X

Dynojet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynojet kit

Hi im new to the forum and i was curious if anyone has installed dynojets stage 3 kits before i have a 1995 gsx 600 its stock right now besides the individual air filters that are on it but im installing a vance and hines full exhaust on it and new filters and was wondering how hard it was to install the dyno jet kit yourself im pretty well at mechanics but ive never really synced and tuned the carbs before or re jetted a carb so if anyone has any insight on how difficult it is id appreciate it im ordering my kit in jan so i wanted to talk to some people before i spent the money

Well.....first off welcome to katriders.
    On to your question. First off, burn those pods and install the OEM filter and airbox, if the box isn't installed. Then install a Factory pro jet kit. That is all you'll ever need on a kat without major engine mods. Kat carbs and weak engine don't play well with pods, and it's not a bigger jet type thing either. Trying to tune a kat for pods is a serious pain in the ass and will gain you nothing but, less hair and less riding.
    Second the jet kit would be tunable for an after market exhaust. As a start turn the air flow screws to 2.5 turns out.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-12-2016, 12:20 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks and i rode it for 2 months with the pods and it ran like noones business and it didnt include a factory airbox the previous owner must of taken it out but everything ran good but im doing different spocket combo and exhaust i just didnt know what all was involved in the dyno kit i know alot of my friends have used there products and had nothing but luck thats the only reason i was going with them but i just wanted alittle extra power also

Comment

Factory pro is a better tuned kit with less effort to install. Your not going to yield much more out of that motor, it's only 70hp. You could install an ignition advancer on top of that and change the gearing for a little more... maybe 3-4 hp total.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Now why is factory pro so much better than the dynojet kit like what is the difference between the two and i was thinking about a ignition advancer but i wasnt too sure how much of a difference it made if it was really worth the money but i was reading if you dont uave the stock airbox and a full exhaust your best bet would be a stage 3 jet kit you can use a stage 1 but i read its the best bang for your buck if you just go stage 3 but like i said im new to carbs i cleaned mine already but im a car guy this is my first motorcycle ive had dirbikes and quads but never had to mess with the carbs on em

And btw when i cleaned my carbs before i took that stupid brass cap off and set the screws to 2.5 turns out already

If i did go with factory pro kit which one is the best to get for what im doing they have a standard kit and a config 30 kit is one better than the other
          Last edited by Dink7; 12-12-2016, 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Just my recommendation. Factory pro has a better tuned needle. Dyno jet will have you modifying the carb slide ( not a cheap part to replace).
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Ok thank you so which kit would be better the the standard kit or the config 30 . Im assuming the stamdard kit is like a stage 1 and the config 30 being stage 3

Comment

I don't recall off the top of my head what the difference is, but I'm pretty sure their website (...which isn't super easy to navigate...) breaks down what is different about the config 30
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Great ill go check them out and see what the difference is

Comment

Yes, it is for high flow filters w/o airbox.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

Great that's exactly what im going to need cuz im doing a streetfighter look and dont have the side fairings on so i kinda like the look with the cones so its sitting all winter here siemce theres snow everywhere lol so ill just spend some time fine tuning it bit i def l think ill he going with the factory pro kit

Comment

Good luck tuning with the pods. They will lean the bike way out. They can apparently get tuned to ride okish, but not 100% dialed in.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

He doesn't care...it looks cool.

I want to see how the FP kit does with pods. They do dyno their products. Although nobody here has a dyno to tune with..
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

I'm starting this out feeling like it's "a waste of breath"... but...

Stage kit # is not about the jet kit, it's about the modifications on the bike.

Stage 1 = stock intake and exhaust flow.
                            Stage 2 = High flow on only 1 of those... either intake or exhaust.
                            Stage 3 = High flow on both intake and exhaust.

Just to clear something up... That means extreme modifications to greatly increase those. Pods.. does not = upping the stage. That aftermarket exhaust... does not = upping the stage. You wold need a forced air /ram air intake setup and a race exhaust. They don't make race exhaust for a Kat. You could possibly retrofit one from a early GSXR, but your not likely to find those readily available.

So... a stage 1 jetkit is what you really need for a Kat. You gain no power, but will waste a lot more gas if you force tune larger jets.

CV carbs require a certain amount of pressure from the airbox. High flow filters like the pods will greatly reduce that. This means variable incorrect air/fuel mix at different rpms. Additionally the pods won't have venturi forms for the intake air flow. Finally the pods will not equalize the pressures and air flow for each cylinder, so you will have variable air flows for each cylinder.

Simply put, pods don't work well.

If you thin it runs well now... put the air box and and tune it. It will blow your mind how much of a difference and improvement that really is.

That said... good luck with the pods.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                              I'm starting this out feeling like it's "a waste of breath"... but...

Stage kit # is not about the jet kit, it's about the modifications on the bike.

Stage 1 = stock intake and exhaust flow.
                              Stage 2 = High flow on only 1 of those... either intake or exhaust.
                              Stage 3 = High flow on both intake and exhaust.

Just to clear something up... That means extreme modifications to greatly increase those. Pods.. does not = upping the stage. That aftermarket exhaust... does not = upping the stage. You wold need a forced air /ram air intake setup and a race exhaust. They don't make race exhaust for a Kat. You could possibly retrofit one from a early GSXR, but your not likely to find those readily available.

So... a stage 1 jetkit is what you really need for a Kat. You gain no power, but will waste a lot more gas if you force tune larger jets.

CV carbs require a certain amount of pressure from the airbox. High flow filters like the pods will greatly reduce that. This means variable incorrect air/fuel mix at different rpms. Additionally the pods won't have venturi forms for the intake air flow. Finally the pods will not equalize the pressures and air flow for each cylinder, so you will have variable air flows for each cylinder.

Simply put, pods don't work well.

If you thin it runs well now... put the air box and and tune it. It will blow your mind how much of a difference and improvement that really is.

That said... good luck with the pods.

Krey
                              I'm bummed. I was going to buy a Dyno Jet kit since the FP isn't available for the 1990 600. Also, my bike already had the V&H Supersport pipe kit, so i figured I'd get the K&N air filter kit. Now after reading all about these jet kits and how finicky they can be , I may just leave whatever was in the bike, in the bike. haha
                              2004 KTM 525 EXC
                              2004 KTM 200 EXC
                              1990 Suzuki GSX600F
                              1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

Working...
                              X