No announcement yet.
X

Katana Exhaust Done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't like the comments then don't post. It sounds like shit whether on the katana or not but since you put it in a tuna it is ten fold worse. The fact that it sounds like shit is independent of the fact it is loud. Baffling helps to an extent but the gp style exhaust on a bike not meant for that type of exhaust (sport bike) makes the exhaust loud and not a fit for the bike.

It doesn't make it sound bad ass. It makes the bike a joke to every other biker since all know it is a tuna trying to sound like something that actually has balls.
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
      If you don't like the comments then don't post. It sounds like shit whether on the katana or not but since you put it in a tuna it is ten fold worse. The fact that it sounds like shit is independent of the fact it is loud. Baffling helps to an extent but the gp style exhaust on a bike not meant for that type of exhaust (sport bike) makes the exhaust loud and not a fit for the bike.

It doesn't make it sound bad ass. It makes the bike a joke to every other biker since all know it is a tuna trying to sound like something that actually has balls.
      No,its cool.
      We run across people all the time in the Honda/Ford game that sound just like you.
      While a simple "I don't like that sound for a Katana" would have been infinitely better than "it sounds like shit",I can take the bad with the good.
      Difference is,when I check out other videos I don't like,I don't act like a douche when I comment on them.
      And as far as thoughts that a touring bike shouldn't be loud I tend to disagree.
      For me,its all about having fun,could care less what the other guy is riding.

Comment

Originally posted by DueceCoupe View Post
        Downingtown,huh?
        You practically are my neighbor.
        Can appreciate your candor,but don't appreciate negative comments such as 'sounds like shit",especially If you took the time to actually read the thread,I did just mention,the bike really isn't that loud in person (pipes are baffled) and I was going to re-shoot some video,right?
        You will find on this site that most everyone loves the Kat due to the fact that it is a sport touring bike and opinions will usually follow a more conservative approach. When negative comments are made ( PC or not ) they come from experience. Have you ever heard a loud Harley and expected to see someone hauling ass then see the Harley not living up to the sound? A Kat with a loud exhaust is similar to that compared to a ss bike. If you ride the Kat the way it performs best you will find the exhaust you put on will wear on you and anyone near you. I do not care for that type exhaust. I like an exhaust with a low growl to it. I do want to say that for an pre Kat, it is looking really nice. I like the original paint schemes like yours compared to where Suzuki went with it later.

Comment

Yeah you do have the paint scheme going for you for sure!

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Just don't be that douche that spends more time over revving the engine at stop signs and parking lots than riding the bike normally now that you have a loud exhaust. If your are, then I will secretly wish it ends like this...

*warning - turn your volume down!*

Idiot OVER REVV'S BIKE till engine catches FIRE! FAIL! - YouTube

All that said... it's not about my opinion really. Hope you enjoy it.

Krey
            Yeah, but he sure looked bad-ass doing it!

Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by ZookRick View Post
              OMG was he trying to blow it up? Sounded like it was at redline. Something I heard or was told was to never rev out an unloaded engine.
              No,its cool.
              We run across people all the time in the Honda/Ford game that sound just like you.
              While a simple "I don't like that sound for a Katana" would have been infinitely better than "it sounds like shit",I can take the bad with the good.
              Difference is,when I check out other videos I don't like,I don't act like a douche when I comment on them.
              And as far as thoughts that a touring bike shouldn't be loud I tend to disagree.
              I suggest you don't throw away your stock exhaust just yet. The novelty of a loud exhaust will wear off after your first long ride when you get off the bike and your ears are ringing to the point it takes 20 minutes to be able to hear your buddy call your name. We've all done it, I know I have. Please respond by typing in capitals....so I can hear you.......
              Gammas and Katanas

Comment

No,its cool.
                If you are going to get offended by the small comments in this thread then I would suggest avoiding the internet for a few years.

You posted up a video on a forum, did you expect people wouldn't post comments about it? Did you really think if any comments were posted they would all be positive?

Oh, and for the record, I think it sounds like crap...a hyped up version of the Civics running around my area with the Folger's can exhaust tips. Not good at all for the street, to my ear. Loud, obnoxious, and sure to attract exactly the wrong kind of attention, be it from your neighbors or the local LEO's.

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
                  If you are going to get offended by the small comments in this thread then I would suggest avoiding the internet for a few years.
                  Yeah, speaking of... where's Arsenic been?
                  Last edited by elsueco; 04-25-2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elsueco View Post
                    Yeah, speaking of... where's Arsenic been?

Comment

I think it sounds sick

Comment

Originally posted by e30bradley View Post
                        I think it sounds sick
                        Sick good or Sick ?

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
                          Sick good or Sick ?
                          sick as in awesome.. I ran my bike without the muffler the other day when I changed the oil. I don't recommend it, SOOO LOUD.

Comment

I'm ok with a bit of hooligan noise... hell back in the day I ran my GPz550 with an open header while on the back roads... funny as hell.

Now days I use the stock muffler as I'm keen to avoid 5-0's attention. The bike is just as fast but no one knows that I'm enjoying opening 'er up.
                            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

On another note, the way the cams, valves, timing, carbs etc are set up on these things, they run much better overall (power / smoothness / economy ...) with some back pressure in the exhaust.

Comment

agreed

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                                On another note, the way the cams, valves, timing, carbs etc are set up on these things, they run much better overall (power / smoothness / economy ...) with some back pressure in the exhaust.
                                When i finally replaced the Vance and Hines idiot pipe with a nice (QUIET!) Yoshi, it made all the difference in the world. Much smoother and more responsive. The biggest benefit (IMHO) is that i can start up the bike in the morning without waking the neighbors. I GET the attraction to LOUD exhausts... but it's a novelty that wears off very quickly.
                                sigpic
                                '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X