Katana Exhaust Done!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Exhaust Done!

My bike came back on March 28th.
    Exhaust was swapped out for short,dual exit,drag/GP inspired pipes.
    Does have baffles,so not too bad.
    This is a cold start,bike has also been rejetted.
    Short 15 second video:

http://youtu.be/YHT9pErwXNM

I have... nothing positive to say, so I'll just leave being glad I'm not riding near you.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      I have... nothing positive to say, so I'll just leave being glad I'm not riding near you.

Krey
      ok,I am going to bite and ask why?
      Too loud?

Comment

You'll find that most folks on this board like tasteful modifications. Nice gentle exhaust tones etc.

My assumption is, that since Tim isn't a fan of un-muffled exhaust he doesn't quite prefer your modification.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          You'll find that most folks on this board like tasteful modifications. Nice gentle exhaust tones etc.

My assumption is, that since Tim isn't a fan of un-muffled exhaust he doesn't quite prefer your modification.
          LoL....I kind of figured that was the case.
          Its really not too bad when cruising,but does get loud in the upper rpm range.
          The pipes are baffled.
          But to each their own.

Comment

Gatta go with kreylin on this. If that's not too loud, you need or will need your hearing checked, soon. My can is a little loud, that will be heard for miles. Lets see how the cops like it first. Looks good though.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 04-03-2014, 07:11 PM.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by DueceCoupe View Post
              ok,I am going to bite and ask why?
              Too loud?

I'm not putting judgment on you or your choice...

But for me, yeah... that's WAY too loud. I do prefer a good sounding tone, moderate noise level at the max. I don't mind hearing the exhaust, but it should sound good. If people are turning their heads with nasty looks when they hear it, instead of giving a grin... yeah, it's not a good sound.

That's not to say I haven't done something like that. Extremely loud exhaust, having to use aspirin after a ride with ear plugs, making Harley riders with straight pipes check their bike is still running when I pull up beside and then gape wide eyed at me cause they can't their own bike anymore... been there, done that... and learned from it.

It will get old... Hopefully before you damage your own hearing, gain too much unwanted attention from the Po po, or worse... some vindictive neighbor that can't handle the interruption of their normal lives every time you crank that thing up and starts doing revenge stuff.

Just don't be that douche that spends more time over revving the engine at stop signs and parking lots than riding the bike normally now that you have a loud exhaust. If your are, then I will secretly wish it ends like this...

*warning - turn your volume down!*

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5n3z1CHrXg"]Idiot OVER REVV'S BIKE till engine catches FIRE! FAIL! - YouTube[/nomedia]

All that said... it's not about my opinion really. Hope you enjoy it.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Just don't be that douche that spends more time over revving the engine at stop signs and parking lots than riding the bike normally now that you have a loud exhaust. If your are, then I will secretly wish it ends like this...

Idiot OVER REVV'S BIKE till engine catches FIRE! FAIL! - YouTube

Krey
                OMG was he trying to blow it up? Sounded like it was at redline. Something I heard or was told was to never rev out an unloaded engine.
                1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
                V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
                Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

Ya, wow... that's loud.

I hear guys with this style of exhaust riding by my house in second gear all day long.. I just want to open fire on them.
                  http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                  http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                  '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                  "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                  "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

I'm not putting judgment on you or your choice...

But for me, yeah... that's WAY too loud. I do prefer a good sounding tone, moderate noise level at the max. I don't mind hearing the exhaust, but it should sound good. If people are turning their heads with nasty looks when they hear it, instead of giving a grin... yeah, it's not a good sound.

That's not to say I haven't done something like that. Extremely loud exhaust, having to use aspirin after a ride with ear plugs, making Harley riders with straight pipes check their bike is still running when I pull up beside and then gape wide eyed at me cause they can't their own bike anymore... been there, done that... and learned from it.

It will get old... Hopefully before you damage your own hearing, gain too much unwanted attention from the Po po, or worse... some vindictive neighbor that can't handle the interruption of their normal lives every time you crank that thing up and starts doing revenge stuff.

Idiot OVER REVV'S BIKE till engine catches FIRE! FAIL! - YouTube

Krey
                    Well said Krey,and I can appreciate it.
                    No,I am not like the guy in the video you shared....that was just crazy!
                    I am used to loud exhaust on just about every vehicle we have (supercharged Focus,Turbo Focus,5.0 Cougar with 150 shot) and really like the performance oriented sound.
                    I have a lot of respect for the neighbors as well and will start the bike at a distance if it is not a appropriate time to fire it up.
                    This is a vastly different forum than I am used to.
                    Very cool that even though we have different tastes in exhaust,it didn't resort to a flame thread as so many other forums would have.
                    Will probably post another video once it stops raining,I really dont think its that loud,but I could be wrong.

Comment

well then allow me. Sounds like shit.

Too loud for the bike and the exhaust note is not fitting. What you have basically done is akin to throwing speakers into the back of a minivan and blaring the exhaust note from a modded charger or something.

The exhaust is too loud and does not fit the nature of the bike. And this all is coming from a guy who had D&D cans on an SV 1000 but those cans at least fit the part of the bike AND the SV1K is naturally loud as hell anyway

07 SV1000 with newly added D&D exhaust. The video does not come close to capturing how loud this thing is. Nothing like a loud V-Twin rumbling away...

Even my current 675 race bike is unbaffled and yet not that loud as yours. It sounds the part without being brash. I would murder you if you lived in my neighborhood...
                      I am a Penn State fanatic.
                      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

You were a lot skinnier then.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

At that time I was hovering around 175 so a solid 30 pounds lighter...
                          I am a Penn State fanatic.
                          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                            At that time I was hovering around 175 so a solid 30 pounds lighter...
                            Downingtown,huh?
                            You practically are my neighbor.
                            Can appreciate your candor,but don't appreciate negative comments such as 'sounds like shit",especially If you took the time to actually read the thread,I did just mention,the bike really isn't that loud in person (pipes are baffled) and I was going to re-shoot some video,right?

Comment

You posted for some comments, take what you are given. Short cans ARE loud, some feel the same but, keep it mild in their replies. I have to agree to one point, which is a peeve of mine. The exhaust doesn't fit the bike. It's a TOURING bike. But, in the end it really doesn't matter what we think, it's your bike do with it as you see fit.
                              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran
                              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                              X