X

help with a idle problem..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a idle problem..

i have been rideing my 94 kat for about 2 months now.. for those 2 months it has been running great. i have taken off the tank a couple of times, jsut to look at the plugs and air filter mainly.. which the filter wus clean but the plugs needed to be changed. so, i decided to change the plugs a couple of days ago.. the bike started idleing low after the change of plugs.. at about 1k it wus idleing warm. i adjusted the idle screw and got it back to normal, about 1.4k, but now when i ride it rev it up.. it will drop to 2k like regular.. then from 2k.. it will drop to normal at a slower pace.. i dont really remeber it doing dat before but i never really pay attention to it.. im wondering why the idle decided to drop and is it normal the way its idleing now??

things that also been done the same time the spark plugs been changed..
    -took it in to get new tires (front and back)
    -the clip attached to the clutch assembly snapped off so i replace that
    -also.. noticed the last time i took the tank off that the 4th carb had a crack on it on the top of the black plastic which wasnt there the last time i took off the tank (could that be the reason for the off idleing??)
    -also note that the spark plugs that were in my kat were 750 plugs.. i got the regular 600 plugs now

mayber there is nothing wrong with my kat but im not sure as this being my first bike.. any information will be greatly appriciated..

Re: help with a idle problem..

Originally posted by Ti
    -also.. noticed the last time i took the tank off that the 4th carb had a crack on it on the top of the black plastic which wasnt there the last time i took off the tank (could that be the reason for the off idleing??)
    Yes , definately . Fix that crack or get another diaphram cover . Also ,check to make SURE your plug wires are seated on the plugs nice and tight .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
    X