X

Newish to this forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newish to this forum

Hello from Rochester NY. My son bought a 97 750 last season, and I'm currently helping him to do some major restoration on the bike. Some basic stuff like sprockets, chain, carb cleaning, valve adjustment, etc...On top of what I consider major things like replacing almost all of the chopped up wiring, and repairing a seriously boogered up shaft on the transmission (somebody cross threaded it last sprocket change and just breaker barred it on) The bike was not very well taken care of by the PO and we have a lot of stuff to put back before it's really safe to ride. Nice to see this forum here, it's been a help already.

Welcome!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to Katriders
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome...Hopefully you're able to get the output shaft squared away. Thread file or a die would be my recommendation. (How many know what a thread file is???)

Comment

I didn't know there was a file that pertains to threads alone; however, I found the threaded cap on my irrigation system's curb stop cross-threaded after winter's long stay, and since it is brass, I was able to use a Dremel tool with a carborundum circular cutting blade to make new threads since I didn't have a tap and dye set of that size. Does that count? Sort of sounds like a thread file, now doesn't it?

Now, who knows what a curb stop is besides me and Old MacDonald, ee eye ee eye ohhhh.
            Last edited by zuma; 05-07-2017, 05:57 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Zuma, sounds like you're good at red neck engineering. Holy crap, that worked? That has got to take an incredibly steady hand. And/or all of the mugwort
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                ....I was able to use a Dremel tool with a carborundum circular cutting blade to make new threads since I didn't have a tap and dye set of that size. Does that count? Sort of sounds like a thread file, now doesn't it?
                That IS impressive!

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                Now, who knows what a curb stop is...
                Is that the same thing as an air dam ruiner?

Comment

Working...
                X