X

sport bikes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sport bikes

hey guys. does anyone know what high mileage is on a sport bike? im givin my kat to the wife and im looking for like a cbr or r6 or something along those lines. i found an 04 r6 with 13000. the guy wanted 3 grand for it? is that mileage a lot for a bike?

My kat has 22k and still runs good. My 81 550 maxim has 24k and still run good. No idea about an r6
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

13k isn't bad. My bike's an 03 and has just under 15k. Good price if it's in good shape.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

milage is a number it all the depends on the po; hardmileage or just cruising mileage. if they took care of it and does maintence then super, if he didn't then i would go through it before taking it anywhere far.
        this is the best icon eva

Comment

It all comes down to maintenance, a bike with 50K will all the proper work done would be a safer bet than one with 25K and no work done.

Although I would google the year of any bike I was interested in and see if there are any specific issues with that years model.
          Kyle

Comment

agreed, my 90 Kat has 26k on it and my 98 Superhawk has 29k on it, but still run like a top and I would take either cross country in a heartbeat.
            "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

my 02 kat has 37k miles and it runs just like my friends kats with less than 10k... its all about maintenance
              "When in doubt, throttle out."
              sigpic

Comment

If it's been properly maintained, 13k miles is not an issue. I put over 13k miles on my 05 GSX-R750 since last September.
                John,
                '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                sigpic

Comment

It's all about the maintenance!
                  There are BMW's out there with over 100k on them still going strong.
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                  Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                  R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                  1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                  RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                  3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                  Black painted seat and rear trim,
                  Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

+1 to all above.

A good tip is to insist that you meet at the owners house. Pay particular attention to how he keeps his other things/general house condition. Odds are if he maintains his lawnmower/car/home exterior etc that he's the same way with his bike. Not 100% foolproof, but a good head start.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                      +1 to all above.

A good tip is to insist that you meet at the owners house. Pay particular attention to how he keeps his other things/general house condition. Odds are if he maintains his lawnmower/car/home exterior etc that he's the same way with his bike. Not 100% foolproof, but a good head start.
                      +1
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                      X