X

Katana Jet Kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Jet Kits

Hey all, this is my first post and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Right now I have a stock 2006 Katana 600, and am interested in giving it more acceleration power. I havent been able to find a jet kit for an 06 Kat, so I was wondering if the 05 Dynajet stage 1 kit will fit my 06. Also, does anyone know if yoshimura makes full exhaust systems for katanas? If so where can I get one? Lastly, has anyone else done the mods im pursuing, if you have, is it worth the upgrade power-wise? Thanks all.

Will

all have been answered many times. hit the search button and you'll find piles of info.

For jet kits, Ivan's is the way to go for 98+ as you'll find in the posts.
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

Ok.. I will try to help you out the best I can.

1) Ivan's Jet Kit. Hands down, best one out there. You can call and order, telling him exactly what you have and it will work. Right out of the box following his instructions. (You DO NOT want a DynoJet jet kit. They stink.)

2) Not sure the best place to find a full system exhaust for your bike, but I know they are out there. Some people on here have them.

Yes... it is worth the upgrades. All across the rpm band. Ivan's kit will help you out.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Comment

dude, i have the jet kit and the yoshi and the K&N but for $10 you can drop a tooth in your front sprocket and really launch that thing off the line!!!
          I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

how do I change the amount of teeth in my sprocket...is it cheap and easy to do?

Comment

A new 14 tooth sprocket is prity cheap and not that hard to change out. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...&mmyId=5400084

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Jet Kit ------- http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

If he changes sprocket teeth #s won't he have to change the chain length? Or I guess he could just move the wheel up some huh.

Comment

If he drops teeth on the front sprocket, he would move it back to tighten it up. Smaller sprockets would need a smaller chain, but only dropping one tooth up front is not that big of a difference as far as chain length. Makes a big difference on performance though.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                  who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Re: Katana Jet Kits

Originally posted by suzukiboy69
                    stock 2006 Katana 600, and am interested in giving it more acceleration power.
                    0-90: add 3 to 5 teeth in the rear with a new chain. I don't recommend removing teeth in the front because it's harder on the chain (wears faster), so while it appears cheap at the outset, it rarely is in the long run. Running a 150/60ZR17 rear will also help bottom end acceleration, but will reduce ground clearance some (and thus affect handling).

Torque curve onset earlier in the RPM band: 5 degree ignition advancer (applies to US/Canadian Kats only -- Euro Kats already have the advance from the factory).

Richer torque curve all the way through the RPM range: Ivan's JetKit

Free performance increase: Dremel out the header weld seams.

Serious power change: swap engines to a larger displacement engine or move to a different bike.

What I wouldn't recommend for a 98+:
                    K&N filters if you are thinking about the Ivan's JetKit (the Ivan's performs best with the OEM filter, and Ivans+OEM outperforms DynoJet+K&N).
                    Full Header & exhaust system -- amount of power vs. cost isn't significantly beneficial (save it towards a bigger engine or new bike)

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

remove the katana stickers.that will give you 20 H.P.......

Comment

Working...
                      X