X

Tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

What is the best make/model tires you have found for your kat, and what do you like about them?
    Don Thigpen
    Houston, Texas

Try searching on this topic... there's probably a couple dozen threads on recommended tires. I think you'll find Metlzer's and Pirelli's top the list.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

CyberPoet hasn't hit here with his lovely screen capture yet, but some searching will be advised. I'll make your life a little easier though. Metzler Z6s for road use. M1s or M3s for track use (or really aggressive street riding, if you have the green to keep replacing them, they have ABOUT a 3500 mile shelf life)

Comment

My previous tires where the Metzeler M1’s witch I liked vary well, They stuck to the road realy well and handled the rain well too. But the problem with them was that they wear out quick (3500 miles). I am running the Metzeler Z6 now and it seems to stick to the road just as well as the M1 did and handles the rain just as well too. I have 2000 miles on this tire already and not much sign of use on it now, So I am sure I will get a lot more miles out of it compared to the M1. I would highly recommend the Z6’s to anyone.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I have the Continental Road Attacks and love them , also they are supposed to wear better than the Z6's. Grip is fantastic and they have performed flawlessly in the rain as well, nothing but good things to say about these tires.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
          X