X

idling while warm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idling while warm

usually its on a hotter day when this happens but I will be riding for a while and then at a stop if I were to rev the motor it will stop at about 2k RPM and then back down to idle. Somtimes it will stay at 2k and wont drop till i let the clutch out. I just had a full service done to the bike including carb cleaning. I havent really been in warm weather since the service but i have a feeling it still does it because i think it happened once since the service on a warm day. Any ideas on what this could be?? Just a case of overheating?? I will find out further when it gets warmer if this problem persists but just for the knowledge any ideas???
    R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

it's a bit too lean. when the weather gets hotter ( changes the density of the air ) it will happen all the time. i'd turn the fuel/air mixture screws out another 1/4 turn.

or.... take it back to the shop and have them do it.

tim

Comment

Re: idling while warm

Originally posted by RydeBye
      if I were to rev the motor it will stop at about 2k RPM and then back down to idle.
      Throttle cable(s) too tight. Loosen the throttle cables at the adjusters and the problem should disappear.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

awesome thanks guys
        R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

Working...
        X