X

for a friend..(exhaust question)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for a friend..(exhaust question)

just making sure that a 2002 exhaust will fit on a 2004?
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Yeah, I don't thinkk they made any changes for those years. Just make sure it is for the same engine. 600 to 600, and 750 to 750. If it is a slip on, then it won't matter. All slip-on's I have seen have been for either 600 or 750.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

yes....the 04 is HUGE!

Comment

see my buddy wants a loud exhuast. he heard my D&D, now he wants something loud, but not the same one. any ideas?

Comment

D&D is the loudest, IMO. Micron also makes a loud unit.

Here's some sound clips of slip ons for ya as well

btw, i edited your title to ur thread so we knew more of what it was about.

Comment

Hindle...not obnoxious...sweet sound...untill your on it...sounds like a racebike!

Comment

go with the Hindle....has a great sound on a KAT....:P
              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

alright, so then the next question, wheres the cheapest place to buy a hindle stainless slip on or maybe full system?

Comment

special k is probably the best one to ask.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Parts411, stuff like that. Just type in motorcycle exhaust on yahoo, and it should bring up a whole bunch of places that sell them, then just shop around for the ebst price. And like Range said,yeah, for af ew years there, the can was huge, But I do believe all mounting points and pipe lengths were the same.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Parts411, stuff like that. Just type in motorcycle exhaust on yahoo, and it should bring up a whole bunch of places that sell them, then just shop around for the ebst price. And like Range said,yeah, for af ew years there, the can was huge, But I do believe all mounting points and pipe lengths were the same.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

WOW
                          WOW
                          WOW
                          lou you are a post whore. I like the yosh and hindle they sound about the same as slipons go.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I got mine from pipecity.com, and as others said, D&D id definitely the loudest,

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                              D&D is the loudest, IMO. Micron also makes a loud unit.

Here's some sound clips of slip ons for ya as well

btw, i edited your title to ur thread so we knew more of what it was about.
                              IIRC , wasn't that test on an R6 ? That actaully made the D&D sound kinda cool , nothing like what it sounds like on a Kat ! I actually liked the "stock" sound quite a bit , though the Hindle and Yosh were also pretty nice . Problem is , every bike sounds different . I really don't like the way the V&H pipe sounds on the Kat (I rode with a guy that has one) , but a guy at work has one on his FZR (the one for sale on here somewhere , actaully) , and it sounds really nice !
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X