X

Bought My First Kat Last Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought My First Kat Last Night

Hello there. I am new to this forum. It was recommended by a fellow Kat owner when he found out I bought a bike. This is my first, so I guess I am a Kat Virgin. I have always been into vintage Mopars, so this is a lil different for me. Last night I bought what im hoping was a great deal on a great bike. Maybe there are a couple of you who could let me know how I did.

We need pictures and details to tell you that. Welcome!
    First motorcycle - new project
    1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Pics please - it's the law

Welcome to KR too
      Carpe Jugulum...
      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Sorry. Pics and details. Umm its a Yellow 2002 600. 44000km, mint paint, never been dropped, brand new michelins front and back, slightly wider than stock. It has a new yoshi pipe, blacked out windscreen, upgraded sprokets, matching yellow solo seat & a self lubricating chain (? Lol) It has lay down pegs (?) & these green lights on it for night driving as well. I paid $2000. Now trying to find a way to get my baby home. The pics r in a garage. When I get it home I will post better ones. So.. thoughts?
            Attached Files

Comment

That looks very clean.

Comment

It is. It was owned by a mechanic who was changing his ride to a mustang...seriously...A mustang. I cant figure that one out but hey..I got me a biiike! Lol. Now if the snow would just go away...

Comment

Originally posted by ♡Kat~girl♡ View Post
                  It is. It was owned by a mechanic who was changing his ride to a mustang...seriously...A mustang. I cant figure that one out but hey..I got me a biiike! Lol. Now if the snow would just go away...
                  I can understand wanting a mustang, but not as a replacement for a bike. Dont worry, I'm not a die hard ford fan or anything, I just really liked both of my mustangs, However, I also liked my RT durango and I really miss my Jeep. I would also love to have an old charger, cuda, demon or dart. So I'm right there with with the mopar love.

Comment

Welcome to KR.

The Yosh pipes sound great IMHO, the crash protectors are a huge bonus. Self lubricating chain? unless there's an oiler not seen in the pics you still need to lube it. Upgraded sprockets? find out if that means just new ones or if he changed the sprocket size. There should be a number stamped into the rear sprocket to let you how many teeth it has.

As for the price, back in 09 I sold my 03 with 116,000kms and rashed on one side for $1100. So you did pretty good.

Hopefully in another month you'll be able to start getting some seat time in.
                    Kyle

Comment

Welcome, I just joined too!

Nice clean looking bike. Sounds like something I did years ago. I sold my first bike that I never put on the road a KZ650 in excellent shape to buy a convertible Mustang. Had to do it, I got custody of my kids so we enjoyed the Mustang for summer fun. Now that they are grown up I decided time for a bike, so I bought my Katana last year and enjoy every time I get out to ride.

Comment

welcome to the forum and grats on the bike. it looks nice you probably did good on that buy
                        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

welcome to kr!

Comment

Welcome to KR, other than the color great bike.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

congrats on the bike and welcome to the group.

Comment

Working...
                              X