No announcement yet.
X

Saddle bags?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Shad trunk on my connie, they might make some hard bags.
    I recommend some soft bags for the kat, much cheaper, just might need to bend a strip of metal to keep bags out of wheel and off the exhaust.
    I got a set of Chase harper bags in a trade, one got a bit melted from sagging on the exhaust, they must have been ten years old. Sent them to Chase harper and they repaired them for free, can't be that lifetime warranty.
    Don't get up on the hard bags, once you come home from the market with a twelve pack of beer that didn't require you to balance them on the gas, tank you'll have new found appreciation for them!

Comment

I have fieldsheer bags. I love them. I never take them off my bike. Best item Ive ever bought since my bike is a daily driver.

When I want to ride two up, I slide it back some and put one strap over the seat, it kinda rest on the turn signals but it's not too bad

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
        Those look like early Krausers - good luck locating them or brackets to mount em up. You might get lucky with a set of Givi's - but may have to
        modify brakets to fit.
        I just bought the last set of GIVI mounts for POST kats. i called up givi and they had (1) set of side mounts left. i bought em so unless you can fab something urself or get some used, ur outta luck. but they still make rear case mounts.
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I posted all the details previously, but this is what I settled on. I really wanted hard luggage and lots of it for extended touring and don't carry a pillion. Luggage is Kappa - made by Givi. Rack is home-made and a rush job to prepare for a specific, well-planned trip (that was cancelled the day after I completed the rack! ). It works brilliantly, but "one day" I will re-fabricate the rack using tubing.

By trp65 at 2011-10-02

By trp65 at 2011-10-02

Comment

Working...
          X