Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 600 project

something didn't go as planned...
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

ITS NOT WORKING...HELP!!! trying to post pictures thats saved on my desktop..sorry that im strickly a mechanic..im learning about computers but i still havent figured this part out..

lets try again..

my head mechanic

after pulling the motor

the heart of the beast

lots of stuff stripped off

no more swing arm

waiting for paint

Victory is mine!!! Eat that computer!!
      Last edited by zax722; 12-27-2010, 08:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Lookin good!
        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---
        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

hopefully lookin better in a few weeks..

Comment

ok so im taking the engine apart to get to the transmission gears..my question is how do i break the lower part of the engine apart? ive taken out what appears to be EVERY bolt that could be holding it together..i just cant get it apart...the front side of the motor will come in half a little bit but the back isnt budging..im not gonna just pry and pry because i dont want to crack anything..help please

Comment

I think I see your problem. Somebody snuck in and took your bike apart!

Seriously, have you tried whacking the case with a rubber mallet? (Yes, I'm serious.) A lot of times you have to shock things a bit after taking the bolts out.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i was taking this engine apart being my first time..i had no manual..nothing..just my previous car engine and tranny experience..so i wasnt sure what all it would take..after getting most of everything out reading on here i learned i need to remove the clutch basket to TWO hidden bolts...after that the lower case slid right off no problem. so thanks to everyone who has done this before and posted on this site..im taking pictures tomorrow and if ANYONE needs to take the lower case off i know EXACTLY what to do and what not to do. i love experience by trial and error..

Comment

Before the tear down

the bottom casing after removal

bottom casing (left) and upper engine (right) sitting upside down

the gear with the light shining on it and the one to the left are the ones i need to replace..the meshing point between the two is OBVIOUSLY wore out..will post pics when i take the gears apart

both shafts of the transmission

Comment

Metal flake blue...

wheel is flat orange..i think they look awesome together..its definately gonna stick out

Comment

blue is always a good choice and diggin the orange cant wait to see it finished

Comment

Thanks man. I can't wait either. I gotta get it together before I choose a color for the gas tank.

Comment

Blue is the fastest color

Comment

Im glad youve chosen to add HP the smart way by painting your bike blue.
                            Attached Files

Comment

lol and by lowering the weight by removing the plastics and that big huge headlight assembly :P lol thanks for all the support guys. (few critics here at home arent a fan of blue. lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X