No announcement yet.
X

My "Winter Bike"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I see you're at ft.leonard wood,i did my basic and ait there.
    1996 Katana Gsxf 600
    1991 Katana Gsxf600(parts bike)

Comment

Went for a ride today and BRRR, it was 56 and looked like it could rain!

Guess I am just a die-hard rider...LOL

Ft. LW? I (like Elvis) did my basic at Ft. Sill, OK.

HOOAH and Merry Christmas!

Comment

I want to play too, looking for a XT 350 to bomb around on.:bunny2
        Blackdog
        DRz-400e plated
        Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Whats the deal with registering these things? Im sure itvaries state by state. But is it just the lights, blinkers, etc? I got a YZ125/250 cant get plates for that can you?

By the way, I like the OPs bike. Refinish that tank itll make a world of difference.

Comment

no bike to ride in winter just snowboarding with my daughters

Comment

Here comes the weather........ again

You are ****ing me off now too .
              Mine is sitting under her blanket almost crated to protect it from any stray hockey pucks being shot in my garage.
              our juniors kicked *** this year ........ its all i have to throw at you southern guys .....you probably missed the game and this post cause your still out riding
              I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM3 View Post
                I got a YZ125/250 cant get plates for that can you?
                No you can't, same for my RM. Otherwise I'd be bombing around town on it.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  We can down here in FL. Dad had a CR250 with a simple belt driven alternator coming off the crankshaft that had headlight and tail light. The problem is that 2-stroke dirtbike engines tear through pistons and rings if you street them.
                  "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

My winter ride, since I sold all my cars (almost, got two non runners left) is a Yamaha.
                    Quite wonderful bike in the snow, even though I think a 350cc would have been easier to handle. Kick start only, so no worries about bad battery. And yes, we have way more snow than the picture indicates.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      Well I guess the other side to that is if its snowing out no damn cop car is going to catch you thats for sure. Ill be doing 90 on the highway on this stupid bike... I really gotta sell it before I crucify myself on a tree midwinter.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM3 View Post
                        Whats the deal with registering these things? Im sure itvaries state by state. But is it just the lights, blinkers, etc? I got a YZ125/250 cant get plates for that can you?

By the way, I like the OPs bike. Refinish that tank itll make a world of difference.
                        Yes you can at least here in canada.
                        I have had safety inspections approved on several KTM dirtbike converted for dual sport through my old shop.

As long as you can get a stator with lighting coil/charging system you can register it.
                        For me I had to install head/tail/brake lights, mirror, bicycle speedo, signal lights and horn. DOT will be needed as well as a quiet exhaust (no race pipes) wiring is simple and it can all be done in a day.
                        98 GSX750F
                        95 Honda VT600 vlx
                        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                          Yupp I would have rode my VFR today but I am delivering a guitar to a buyer.....Currently 66* and Sunny.....

BTW HD, that is one bad *** KTM!
                          Look again, I see no ktm. That is a china bike but cool none the less. Biggest give away was the aircooled 4-stroke and the MXE brand.

I wish I could ride in the winter so I do. I'm stuck with my 09' Polaris Switchback 800 instead. WINTER FTW!!!
                          1999 GSX750F
                          -Yoshimura RS3
                          -Shinko Raven's
                          -More to come

Comment

hey j tizzle, you should ride with us this summer

Comment

I wanna get a dirt bike one day... for when I own a ranch or something. Houston geography is kinda flat and boring... like a flat chested chick.

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                                hey j tizzle, you should ride with us this summer
                                sounds like a plan.my kat should be ready by then.
                                Last edited by j tizzle; 01-08-2011, 06:19 PM.
                                1996 Katana Gsxf 600
                                1991 Katana Gsxf600(parts bike)

Comment

Working...
                                X