X

My "Winter Bike"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "Winter Bike"

Sometimes during this cold winter time in Wisconsin, I still find it necessary to ride a motorcycle,yaknowwhatimean?

.......................I then pull out the 'ole '86 Klr 600 enduro and ride out,if it's not too cold or icy......
    1996 Katana Gsxf 600
    1991 Katana Gsxf600(parts bike)

nice, i got one too

98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

sweet
      1996 Katana Gsxf 600

Comment

Ok...... you guys are seriously pizzing me off!!!!!!....... but it's all good!
        Enjoy!
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Mine's a Katana... no real winter in Florida.
          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Search around your local CL,you might find something decent.

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
            Mine's a Katana... no real winter in Florida.

u suck.
            Last edited by j tizzle; 12-22-2010, 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            1996 Katana Gsxf 600

Comment

Mine's a Katana too...current temperature at 1:35 am is 65*...and I rode my bike to work tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jday240 View Post
                Mine's a Katana too...current temperature at 1:35 am is 65*...and I rode my bike to work tonight.
                And you sir, also suck.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                  And you sir, also suck.

< In total agreement.

Comment

So, they had sold the katana when I went to go buy it. Literally signed the papers right before I walked in the door.

So my winter ride is now a black '08 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer with 4600 miles on it. w00t! I rode it home in the cold last night. It was all of 42*F.
                    "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

Yupp I would have rode my VFR today but I am delivering a guitar to a buyer.....Currently 66* and Sunny.....

BTW HD, that is one bad *** KTM!
                      Last edited by whitecl0ver; 12-22-2010, 10:04 AM.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I took an early morning ride for 40 odd miles before school in 42 degrees and hit 130 twice. Been back in the classroom for an hour and my fingers are still cold...got off without my gloves! Idiot, I know. I'd do it again too!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                          I took an early morning ride for 40 odd miles before school in 42 degrees and hit 130 twice. Been back in the classroom for an hour and my fingers are still cold...got off without my gloves! Idiot, I know. I'd do it again too!
                          Lucky bastige...you suck too.
                          2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                            Ok...... you guys are seriously pizzing me off!!!!!!....... but it's all good!
                            Enjoy!
                            You should look into a used 230L or older XR/XL250

Mine is just a cheap chinese knockoff of an SX125 with a LONCIN 200 cc engine. (same design ax the XR200)
                            I got mine new for $1200 from Tsunami in Hamilton and have converted it to the street and added a few upgrades like the powroll XR midrange cam and spring kit. Cam had to be machined to fit but works great
                            Mine came with electric stars so for the street I just made my own wiring harness and added brake/tail light, horn, bicycle mirror, headlight with diode for hi/lo beam, and signals, silenser for the exhaust, and petcock with reserve. Im running non DOT tires, so far no issues with the cops.
                            My only complaint is the small 16" and 19" tires. speeds are limited to about 100kph. I went with 1 tooth larger sprocket up frontr to get that out of it... stock about 95 was all it would do. on the otherhand it gives the bike a lot of torque. I seldom use 1st gear
                            I rebuilt this bike from the ground up and its very reliable and runs great
                            Last edited by hardlydangerous; 12-22-2010, 11:42 AM.
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

too cold for my blood but very nice though
                              '01 600 Kat w/ Vance and Hines Pipe

Comment

Working...
                              X