Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up my Kat tomorrow...

Hi, I'd like to start out by saying this:
    Sure I glad I found this forum!

I'll get into some details about me the person later, but here's what's important - So, short story long:

I've been without bike for a few years, and spring is coming. I'm feeling the itch, hehe... Anyway - I was cruising the online ads for a bike, no specific brand, year etc when I stumbled upon an ad with a canary yellow '91 GSX750F. The ad was fresh, like 20 minutes old, and the price was very modest. She didn't look TOO bad on the pics, so I gave the man a call.

Apparently it's a runner, but needs a chain, sprockets, a front tire and a little love to get her on the road again. About what I figured and nothing to scare me off really.

He and his son were going fix her up as a project, but his son lost interest before the project even started...

And the price was right - to be honest, pretty low, even for a project bike around here.

*pushes pause*

I suppose this would be the place to specify where here is. As long as I'm at it I'll fill in a little about myself.

"Here", to me is Sweden. I'm an American, but met a Swedish girl, and ended up moving over to Sweden, marrying the girl and am still here after 15 years!

*pushes play*

OK, so I end up offering the guy less than his already low asking price, and buying the bike over the phone. Gotta take a gamble sometime, right?

So now I'm doing a little research about what I'm getting myself into - and of course I can't know for sure until I pick her up tomorrow and start digging in - but judging by what I've read here and other places on the internets, I think i could've done a lot worse!

So anyway, thanks for having a great forum, and let the project begin!

I'll try to post some pics as soon as I get some taken.

//Tim

Welcome to the board!

Hopefully you got yourself a nice little find and after a little TLC the bike comes alone nicely. Look forward to seeing some pics the bike and possibly some swedish women?

in any event enjoy the bike!

Fife

Comment

welcome and looking forward to see this Kat

Comment

Welcome to KR!
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to KR! This site is awesome
          "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome and congrats!
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to KR!

Good luck with the unseen project.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Welcome to KR
                  The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                  http://myspace.com/solsticio
                  www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Welcome to KR and congrats on the unseen bike.

Good luck.

Comment

[QUOTE=qlp;1914048]Hi, I'd like to start out by saying this:
                      "Here", to me is Sweden. I'm an American, but met a Swedish girl, and ended up moving over to Sweden, marrying the girl and am still here after 15 years!

welcome to kr. i know a guy named tom with the exact same story.

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!
                          It's t -4 hours now (2 hrs work, 2 hrs drive), and I'm starting to get anxious!

...maybe I should just cut out of work now, for all the good I'm doing here, hehe

Comment

Originally posted by qlp View Post
                            Thanks for the welcome!
                            It's t -4 hours now (2 hrs work, 2 hrs drive), and I'm starting to get anxious!

...maybe I should just cut out of work now, for all the good I'm doing here, hehe
                            Welcome to KR! You will get your Kat soon enough. Hang in there.
                            Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                            MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                            sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KR
                              THE DOC
                              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                              mistake when you make it again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X