No announcement yet.
X

tell me if i got a good buy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i priced out my flat black paint in rattle can and its 4.79 a can and i think i need 4. i also got this LED kit http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350214988760 and thiss 1 ft strip for under the rear fender http://www.plasmaled.com/LED_strip_lights_lighting.htm and also got this to fix the fairings http://shop.undermycar.com/product.s...&categoryId=11 now just gotta wait for the repair stuff to come in then i can do the paint and hook the LEDs up then i will start buying the carbon fiber parts.

Comment

Good luck with the plastic repair. Those breaks look like it is gonna be a rough one to fix, but I'm sure you will get it. Great color choice by the way, everything looks better murdered out in flat black. You may want to consider polishing those rims. Polished accents look great with a flat black bike in my opinion. Check out my garage to see what it looks like if you want. I think a lot of people with flat black bikes just rattle can them, but I did a jeep like that once and it got all chalky in about 2 months in the summer sun. So when I did my bike I used a cheap quart of black epoxy paint and GM flexed and flat clear. It was a bit pricey for the clear but at least I have not had to respray it. Then again you could always get wizards black renew to bring it back to the black color when and if it chalks out also. That perma-poxy stuff is what I used to hold my mesh mod on the first time and it didn't hold too well. I ended up just getting the same stuff I used to fix my fairings at the local API. It was called fusor. http://www.lord.com/Home/ProductsSer...1/Default.aspx Good luck with everything...great find by the way.
      Last edited by parkze; 07-31-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by parkze View Post
        Good luck with the plastic repair. Those breaks look like it is gonna be a rough one to fix, but I'm sure you will get it. Great color choice by the way, everything looks better murdered out in flat black. You may want to consider polishing those rims. Polished accents look great with a flat black bike in my opinion. Check out my garage to see what it looks like if you want. I think a lot of people with flat black bikes just rattle can them, but I did a jeep like that once and it got all chalky in about 2 months in the summer sun. So when I did my bike I used a cheap quart of black epoxy paint and GM flexed and flat clear. It was a bit pricey but at least I have not had to repaint it. Then again you could always get wizards black renew to bring it back to the black color when and if it chalks out also. Good luck with everything...great find by the way.
        yeah your bike is actually the one that inspired my flat black choice

Comment

ok so after some long consideration i decided to keep my bike red and trade my green LEDs for some hyper white ones. i wanted to paint the bike flat black but i like the red paint it shines good and looks sweet.

Comment

today im going to go to autozone and see if i can get one of those universal mesh grille kits and some other things.

Comment

LEDs came and are all hooked up. here is the finished work(kinda. i couldnt get the mesh grille as autozone didnt sell it in the store but i did buy some bolts with strobe lights on the top and used them as windscreen bolts.

Comment

yes a good find and a must buy

you can make some money off of it

Comment

I highly suggest getting the Clear Alternatives "Smoked' front turn signals. They look freaking sweet compared to the clear ones. Check out the photos of my bike to see them. I think they were about $80 shipped if I remember correctly. They were a little bit hard to find but definitely worth it.
                  1998 Katana 600
                  sigpic

Comment

Holy Zombie Thread, Batman!
                    THE DOC
                    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                    mistake when you make it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great deal

I am sure that you could find all kinds of reasons why this was not a great deal but in reality you got a great deal. Good job.
                      "The usefulness in a cup is in its emptiness" Bruce Lee

Comment

zipties work good!!

Comment

Working...
                        X