X

tell me if i got a good buy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tell me if i got a good buy

ok so i was on the infamous craigslist and came across a 98 katana 600 forsale for 1000.the ad said it had been stolen from his house and crashed into a reflector pole and the fairings got smashed so for the hell of it i emailed him and asked about it and he sent me a few pics.from the looks of the pics it looked repairable and there were some upgrades like a two brothers exhaust( that was removed and sold prior to sale), a fender eliminator kit, carbon fiber rear blinkers,tank protector, targa wind screen, spike bar ends, jet kit, and a few more. also he had a clear title and it had alittle under 22k. so i thought what the hell and i talked him down to 700 plus another 50 if he delivered it the three hours from NH to MA. well it got here at 4 today and heres what i got. the body isnt half as bad as i thought just some cracks in the front so i ordered a plastic repair kit and my plans are to fix the plastics and go with a flat black body with carbon fiber mirrors, carbon fiber bar ends, carbon fiber frame sliders, carbon fiber, and a carbon fiber D&D exhaust, and to top it off i ordered a green LED kit. tell me what you think of the buy and offer any suggestions on the makeover. thanks =]

sounds like a hell of a deal, wish I could of got mine that cheap
    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

yeah i know. im going to post more pics tomorrow. my dad picked up a 92 katana 750 and paid 700 more for it. but its got alot of upgrades

Comment

i'd get a matching color high rear seat cowl too and maybe power coat the rims green to match your leds you ordered.
        sigpic2006 KAT 750

Comment

yeah i was thinking about the seat cowl but i got to save up some money so i can buy as many mods *** i can at once lol

Comment

i know, the cowls are pricey but I think they make the bike look mean. sounds like she's gonna be somthing nasty when you get done though. good luck and make sure to posts pics of all the new mods you do.
            sigpic2006 KAT 750

Comment

i will

Comment

here are the pics he sent me . wish i could have got the pipe with it but you can see the damage in the front.

Comment

Not a bad deal in my opinion, a little work and it will be good as new. . I picked mine up for about $250 and it was in worse shape than that.

Comment

oh yeah and here is my dads find. 1992 suzuki katana 750 with 21k miles for 1400.

here mine is before he ziptied the body together
                    Last edited by 98katanaarmyman; 07-30-2009, 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That pre looks like its in pretty ok condition.
                      Suzuki GSX600F 92'

Comment

yeah it needs some minor body work but runs and drives ok needs alittle carb adjustment but it does have a jet kit lol

here are more pics of the bike.
                        Last edited by 98katanaarmyman; 07-30-2009, 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IziHBHDs8ag"]YouTube - 98 katana 600 walkaround[/ame] here is a walkaround of my bike.

Comment

sounds like a pretty good deal to me, as long as it was maintained.

I got my 98 with 7500miles for 1700 with only a slight headlight blemish and scratch on the lower right fairing

Comment

yeah im going to deffinatly keep up on the maintenance

Comment

Working...
                              X