X

Rear brake pads for an 06 600.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear brake pads for an 06 600.

How much should I pay for a set of rear pads? I bought it used with 3001 miles and the rear rotors scrape like the pads are shot. Anything special about changing them?

They are very simple to change about 20 minutes to do...check cp's website he may sell pads for them.
    2007 GSXR 750 Blk/Blu
    2002 GSXF 600 Blue

Comment

$26-36 depending on which ones you get.

I got the galfer HH ones and love them...
      ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

Rear pads shouldn't be shot after 3k miles...

I'm a "heavy" rear brake user and after almost 6k mine still had plenty of life left.

Are they squeaking? If so, you just need a good clean and lube.

It will cost you 5 dollars for a can of brake cleaner and a scotch brite pad...

Changing out the pad probably won't help you.
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Figure $27 is what they'll cost you through most local outlets, like your dealer. Because brake pads are heavy (makes shipping expensive), they are rarely worth ordering mail-order IMHO.

You really ought to replace the caliper piston seals as well at the same time (est. $12) and disassemble the pistons from the calipers and clean them ($4 in brake cleaner, $5 in fresh brake fluid). If you find any pitting on the piston cylinders, I do carry the whole rear rebuild kit here (seals + pistons as a single kit).

There's a good write up on how to do the rebuild here on KR (I know because I wrote it up, with input from Black_peter interspersed through-out).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Can't you also get a "bad brake" sound out of the rear brakes if the wheel is not lined up correctly?
            -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
            -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

You might want to consider organic instead of the HH sintered pads for the rear. They offer low rotor wear and are not as sensitive for people that are a little heavy on the rear brake.

My brake pad replacement included HH sintered pads for the front and organic for the rear. Works great for me.

Comment

You guys use yer rear brake. wow. I took mine off.. Haha..
                Wouldnt goto a local stealership. Hit up yer local mom & pop shop, give them the business. I shopped around and found them cheeper than Ride Now(which is the only place near me)..

HIJACK !!!
                Hey, I found some caliber paint at the local auto store. That stuff any good? I want to paint mine red, but figured I'd ask first, since CP is back..

Comment

yea, i used it on my buddies gsxr, sprayed about 3 or 4 coats. Looks pretty good actually.

Just make sure and do it during a rebuild because the surface has to be CLEAN for the paint to set like it needs to.

I think we used the dupli-color stuff from aap.
                  Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                  18v Rigid Drill
                  Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                  New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

cool.. Yea. I'll be rebuilding mine here soon.. Not that they need it or anything. But they just turned 9k, so a new rebuild wouldnt hurt. Prolly do it when I need new brakes.
                    Right on.. Then I'll pick up a rattle can of that paint and see how it goes..!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I haven't taken them off yet so they may just need to be cleaned and lubed. I will get a price from the local repair shop for the parts just in case.

Comment

Know the torque to use on the caliper bolts?

Comment

I paid 30 bucks for mine. I just changed mine about 3 or 4 days ago
                          92 Kat 750 rebuild from dead 108 days and counting till i get my license BACK
                          01 mercury cougar
                          00 cougar black
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by debdrew03 View Post
                            Know the torque to use on the caliper bolts?
                            98+ Rear Caliper Mounting Bolts - 19 ft-lbs.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X