X

one vs. two pipes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one vs. two pipes

i know about the benefits of having one pipe (lighter weight) amongst other things, but i love the look of twin pipes. it makes the bike look more balanced imo. what do you guys think?

p.s. if this thread has been done before, feel free to kick the newb.

Long Live the D

I chose not to get an aftermarket cause...

a. I like the twin pipe look as well
    b. $$$
    c. the trouble of jetting and tuning while not that much more power/torque vs. the money effort spent.

I would get some slip-ons though if I cared enought about exhaust notes to do that, but I don't.

Comment

+1 to everything JP said..
      However...
      It's still too bad we can't have it all..
      Twin cans.. nice sound.. increased performance..

Comment

You might look around and see if the Cobra F1s slip-ons are still available. I had them on my Katana (but it's been a few years since I sold it). They looked good, the sound was a much better than stock (but still at a very reasonable volume), and weighed less.

They're still listed in Parts411 and Tucker Rocky's catalogs, but I'm not certain they are actually still available. If they are still available, they're reasonably priced. You should be able to find them for less than $350 for the pair.

I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

i like the look of the twin exhaust too. Its really all personal preference. infact I just saw bike that looks almost exactly like dogs n cats pre 98.. w/ dual yosh pipes.. she sounded and looked sweet!

Comment

Ok I'm one of those undertail guys...I think the Kat would look awesome with an undertail exhaust...but I haven't seen anyone try to do this yet??...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
              Ok I'm one of those undertail guys...I think the Kat would look awesome with an undertail exhaust...but I haven't seen anyone try to do this yet??...
              That would be you Jax!!

Get to work!!!!

Comment

i found a site offering the Cobra F1's for $225 each so $450 for dual. Expensive but one of the few options on keeping it dual. O and imo i like dual better!
                Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
                  i found a site offering the Cobra F1's for $225 each so $450 for dual. Expensive but one of the few options on keeping it dual. O and imo i like dual better!
                  That price should be for the pair.
                  I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

2 pipes, all the way.

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

I'm thinking lets make a high permormance 4 into 1 into 2 pipe!!

Comment

Yeah , I LOVE the dual pipe look . Maybe that's why I really like the new ZX14 .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

eh, i don't really like the zx14. is that supposed to be faster than the busa? i know suzuki has prided themselves in having the fastest production bike out there. should be interesting to see what happens. i'm also a big fun of the undertail exhaust. my old roommate has a zx6r. very clean look. but if i can't have undertail, i definitely want duals.

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
                            eh, i don't really like the zx14.
                            Same here.. Very 80's styling..

Comment

I have a dual header sitting in my garage. I am just waiting tog et the money for the dual cans, then I will throw it on. I really don't think I will have to worry much about a difference in jetting. Maybe a bit of a difference in my air/fuel mixture.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X