X

A painful reminder....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A painful reminder....

I just wanted to remind everyone how IMPORTANT it is to wear gear, esp. your helmet, at all times. I took a spill the other day and bashed my helmet hard against the road. My cranium is intact, and my gloves prevented my hands from getting shredded. The only place I had an injury, naturally, was on my knees. I was wearing jeans, not riding pants. Just a freindly reminder to all those who choose to ride without gear/helmets (like in FL). Please be careful. I admit to doing some "risky" things, but being protected and taking every saftey precaution is of the utmost importance to me.

I'll post pics of the damage soon, all right side. For the most part, my Kat came out quite lucky, luckier than I would have w/o my gear!

Take care KR!!

I am glad to hear you are alright
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
      I am glad to hear you are alright
      Ditto!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

I'm very happy to see that you are alive and well and kicking -- and using the experience to warn others. That speaks very well of you!

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback guys...

Only a few scraps and one small crack on the fairing! Broke the front turn sig, so I'd say it was fairly minor as far as damage goes.
          My helmet is toast, looking for a new one now. Cracked lower "jaw" area and windshield. Still looking for those few parts, KR is a God send.

Sorry I haven't been on lately KatSoldier, so a belated congrats on the soon to be new addition to the fam!!!!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Gkannon77; 02-01-2008, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Since you're over on the space coast, I'd suggest shooting over to The Helmet Shop (www.helmetshop.com) in Daytona and checking out their offerings.

Meanwhile, you doing BikeWeek with us? Details here:

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

looks like your helmet did its job glad to year your ok. shouldn't be hard to hard to repair the fairings. that looks about like my bike did and it wasn't that hard to repair if you have any cracks I recommend this epoxy called plastic weld its amazingly strong i repaired one a structural part on my tail fairing and its stronger than the original was.
              02' Katana 600
              D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

Originally posted by Gkannon77 View Post
                Sorry I haven't been on lately KatSoldier, so a belated congrats on the soon to be new addition to the fam!!!!

Thanks!
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Glad you're ok
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback guys...

Only a few scraps and one small crack on the fairing! Broke the front turn sig, so I'd say it was fairly minor as far as damage goes.
                    My helmet is toast, looking for a new one now. Cracked lower "jaw" area and windshield. Still looking for those few parts, KR is a God send.

Wow, It is a good thing you had a helmet on.
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok. Reminds me I need to get some riding pants before spring.
                      -2000 "750"

Comment

Good to hear your OK, My fiance's helmet looked the same after her accident, and I still have her fairings hanging on the wall as a reminder.
                        myspace
                        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I just wanted to remind everyone how IMPORTANT it is to wear gear, esp. your helmet, at all times. I took a spill the other day and bashed my helmet hard against the road. My cranium is intact, and my gloves prevented my hands from getting shredded. The only place I had an injury, naturally, was on my knees. I was wearing jeans, not riding pants.

Take care KR!!
                          Heal up fast, Gkannon...Those lessons are never fun, but you gotta love the opportunity to learn from them. After you stop swearing, that is. I took a tumble on gravel once and blessed every stitch in my gear.

Cheers!
                          High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                          X