X

Off and running on aB*y

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off and running on aB*y

Looks to be a good price including shipping.
    It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Does look nice, I might look into buying a used one in a few years.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Very nice!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Does it have ram air like the gsxrs?
        Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

Good price!!
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

Looks like a Great price
            Everywhere around here wanted 7,500 to 8 out the door but I was able to get ours for $7,008 OTD Tax, Tags and Title and am happy with the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman View Post
              Does it have ram air like the gsxrs?
              It is fuel injected and does have the airtubes like the gsxr
              myspace
              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

these new bikes look sharp cept the handle bars (cheep looking) just wonder if i wait will i find them as cheep as the katanas are now in 2010 ? waiting on graigs list lol

Comment

Shipping included??? Read the rest of the ad. $500.00 to most states???

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                    Shipping included??? Read the rest of the ad. $500.00 to most states???
                    I would think the shipping included would be to a terminal for pickup. Most likely cost more to have it shipped to your door.

If you look at some of their other items, the shipping description is the same except for the FREE SHIPPING in the item description. Looks to be a standard note used in all their auctions.
                    It says "Usually $500 to the west coast and $400 to the east coast." USUALLY!!!!!!.

Even if the cost to ship is $500, it's still less than the local stealership want here.
                    Last edited by DayKat; 01-19-2008, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Just remember that once you get it home and go to register it, you still have to pay sales tax, title, tag for your state. Depending on where you live, that may shift the numbers quite heavily.
                      Florida, for example, is local sales tax rate of 7-7.5% on the first $5k, plus 5% on the rest, plus title [$31.25, plus another $28.25 if there's a lien present, or $33.25 if it was titled in another state plus $2 for a lien], initial registration [$100], plus tag fee [$10 plus $24.10 annual]. For a bike sold at $6399 new in West Virginia, that's another $585.30 at minimum by the time you get it home & plated if you live in Florida, sans shipping costs.

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                      It is fuel injected and does have the airtubes like the gsxr
                      Are you sure? I thought the airtube intake was just a false-front look thing and didn't actually hook up to the airbox (I haven't checked it out in person close enough to know one way or the other).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I didn't know how the whole buying bike out of state from a dealer worked and such, until i bought my last bike. I bought it in kentucky, while living in ohio, but i wasn't a resident of ohio, i was a resident of wv(where my permanent residence and address is along with license and everything else). Anyways, they did all the sales tax and everything there as if i bought the bike in wv, they did the mailing and everything. But I don't know if that was because they were 2 miles from wv, and ohio.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I've bought several cages and 2 wheels out of state in the past. Some have charged "their" sales tax and then when I registered here in KS I either paid the difference if more or I was credited the difference if less when I tagged it. A couple times, I was charged NO tax and had to pay when I titled. One big advantage buying out of state, at least here in KS, is that if tax is NOT paid to the out of state salesperson, you can make up the sale price and pay the tax accordingly.

So, I got this brand new Busa for $1K even though it's valued @ 13K. OK then, my tax is 1/13 compared to buying locally.

Right thing to do? Feeling guilty? NO!!!

I make it up every time I go shopping, pay my mortgage, look at my paycheck and fuel up!!!
                          Last edited by DayKat; 01-19-2008, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Bike looks nice--50 more cc's to boot. I too might be in the used market in a year or two.
                            What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
                              So, I got this brand new Busa for $1K even though it's valued @ 13K. OK then, my tax is 1/13 compared to buying locally.
                              That only works with used vehicles, at least around here...

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X