X

Polished Frame ! ? !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished Frame ! ? !

Hey fellas, i was wondering if anyone has polished their frames. i finally have a chance to get to work on my bike this year, and i have already started, now just need to make sure i'm headed in the right direction. thanks

painting her a flat black

here's the polished frame as of right now, with a polished lip on the rims(going to paint the inside gloss black)
    Attached Files

looks good!!!
    What did you paint the bike with ?
    92 Katana 600 Project bike
    Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

looking good so far man
      Hello World.

Comment

thanks alot. the bottom pic is of the old paint. before it was painted a texture black. very different from any other paint job i've seen, but i thought it's time to do something new. this new paint, is just a can job, duplicolor flat black, and i used filler primer and primer behind it, to make sure it's extra smooth. i have a paint gun and compressor, but i'm curious how good i could do with a can! i'm not sure what i should do with the frame tho. it seems to want to rust all the time, so i gotta figure that out. also, i need to take the rims off, is that easy? i haven't done it ever before, so i'm kind of in the dark. thanks

Comment

Polished frame looks good!

And the rims are not hard to remove, but you will prolly want a extra set of hands when you go to put them back on.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

thanks Lou. it's only got 8000 on her, so she's in pretty good shape, i just need to replace the fork seals, and the brakes are being a bitch. i bleed them, and the fronts are still moosh, i need to pump them once or twice before they grab. any ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X