removed headlight & gauge cluster now bike wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removed headlight & gauge cluster now bike wont start

Hey guys,

First of all I am new to the group, and quite honestly, new to motorcycles. I am having a serious issue with some wire harness and attempting to understand the diagrams I have found. Let me not get too ahead of myself here, I just acquired a 2000 Kat 750. I removed the headlight, and gauge cluster so I could fab up a much more streamline front end set up (to my liking of coarse) and now the bike wont even start. I having a hard time figuring out why. I'm assuming, since the harness to the kill switch runs to the front, and has been unplugged, that is the reason. If that is in fact the case, how do I bypass that harness? Or am I going about this the wrong way. Any help would be appreciated!! thanks!

kill switch is on the pod, no need to unplug it for a front end make over. plug it back in, problem solved. yes the starter relay control runs through the kill switch.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      kill switch is on the pod, no need to unplug it for a front end make over. plug it back in, problem solved. yes the starter relay control runs through the kill switch.
      I legitimately feel dumb lol I thought that harness was still connected to the front end. Took a second look and realized it fell off to the side. Bike starts and runs perfect again. Thank you sir!!

Comment

Working...
      X