X

tail light stays on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tail light stays on

i have an 02 katana and the tail light stays on as soon as the key is in the on position. it doesnt get any brighter or dim down when the brakes are applied. it stays at a constant reguardless. ive traced the wires all the way to see if any are rubbing together and i havent found anything as far as that goes. what else am i missing?

Today I'm drunk, but tomorrow I'll still be drunk

Bad bulb, bad socket.... no brake use, foot or hand shows at the light?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

it stays the same no matter which bake i press. ive checked to see if either switch is depressed and neither are. i originally thought that it was wired hot but its not.

Today I'm drunk, but tomorrow I'll still be drunk

Comment

Howdy almost neighbor, was up that way 2 weeks ago, stopped by North Coast 🍺

How bright is your light? When the brake light is on, it's pretty bright. The taillight, like the headlight, is always on, so I'd be willing to guess the brake light bulb is out.
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

If the bulb has been installed 180 degrees out, or is the wrong bulb, it will light up the bright element for the running light = always bright, never dims.

May also need to adjust the brake light switches. The rear for example screw adjusts. You could disconnect them to verify the adjustments are not the issue.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X