X

I'll set it off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX-F means Katana and that's it

BTW, I thought that horse was a kangeroo and didn't get the meaning until I saw it context
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

"Beating a dead 'roo" isn't a familiar expression. -Maybe one of you Aussies can tell us if that's one you use. -Sound off for 'ol Skippy.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
        "Beating a dead 'roo" isn't a familiar expression. -Maybe one of you Aussies can tell us if that's one you use. -Sound off for 'ol Skippy.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

84hp? for the 650?... that just means no real top end punch that you'd get from the high compression 600ss'

But the extra 50cc's will help in the torque department... I would guess around 50 ft/lbs or so... enough for some spirit to keep the bike interesting...

Once they hit the market as a used bike I may get one...

BUT, if the 1250 bandit motor makes it in the GSXF I'd go get one..... or do you guys think that the plastics from a new 650 can be fabricated to mount on a Bandit 1250? That may be the easier route....

Then again after just 2 years of having my license I'm already falling unimpressed by the fully faired bikes and wouldn't mind getting a naked bike like an sv1000. 599/919, FZ1/6 (since I already have a yamaha) Z1000..... heck even, dare I say, a Vulcan 900 seems like a good alternative.... (the new Vulcan Custom looks pretty darn sweet for a $7k cruiser.....) there, I said it....

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
            ok, I agree there should be a place for the 650 here, just like every other bike. But I do not agree that it should be named a katana... just take a look

...taken from MCN magazine:

"Fully-faired 2008 Suzuki Bandit GSX650F revealed

By Chris Newbigging

New bikes

28 June 2007 09:23

Suzuki has just released these first pictures of a full-faired Bandit 650. Shown here in American spec, the GSX650F has been confirmed as one of six new UK-spec Suzukis to be launched next week in Rome.

Based heavily on the new-for-2007 water-cooled Bandit 650, the GSX650F is intended as a replacement for the GSX750F ‘Teapot’, which was a long-running and steady selling model in the UK and still available in the US until recently.

The GSX650F sprouts a new-purpose designed fairing with a headlight taken from the Suzuki GSX-R1000 K5, and although not shown in the picture Suzuki’s information claims that the retro-style clocks of the Bandit have made way for a ‘GSX-R inspired instrument cluster’.

The Bandit’s two-piece adjustable seat is oddly not fitted to the touring-focused GSX – instead it has a fixed position one-piece design.

The engine and chassis is unchanged from the Suzuki Bandit, using the same steel cradle frame and budget chassis parts. The engine is in the same state of tune as the Bandit too."

I mean just look at the parts... the frame, oil cover, tires, shocks, exhaust, tank... EVERYTHING is the same as the bandit... none of it from a pre or post katana....

thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully you all see it my way that it is a great bike that should be included... just not named 'katana'.

ps. thanks to waltari for the info
            Looks like a Bandit with GSX-R fairing.

Comment

I have been to the stealership and saw one. it is about the size of a katana, width wise and length. Definitely not a gsxr. I do like the bike, keeps our katana hopes up and MHO is a revamped well thought out bike for a beginner.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

If its still called a GSXF its still a Kat to me at heart , looks like a great bike to me

Comment

nearly

I like the looks of the new Kat also...the only thing that keeps me from working up to getting one is the handle bars...I prefer the sticks on my Kat....well, another thing is the fact that I sold my 2006 black Kat 600 last spring, was wanting another real bad, got on the phone and called all over Texas and found a new 2006 near Dallas (400 miles away) and got it at dealer's cost...or they told me that! The new bike should be nice anyway. I like my new red though...

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                    Get it! What's not to like about the new Kat?
                    The unfinished turn signals. Liquid cooling will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jbea View Post
                      Looks a lot like a GS500f to me....I took a pic of mine when it was stock (2006 Kat 750) and of the new one and put them beside each other....I think mine still looks nicer than the new one....but FI is hard to turn away from! Gonna have to see what you can do to alter the look of the new ones before I decide
                      I'm going to have to agree completely. I would probably have a hard time deciphering on the road whether I'm waiving to a GS500F or the GSX650F. I do like the new styling, especially the headlight. That is one of the things I don't care for on my Kat. Other than that, I'm still happy with my '05 and wouldn't trade up for this. If anything, I would trade up into a Honda Interceptor. Good job by Suzuki, though!
                      Anger Fuel Motion...Motion Fuels Momentum...Momentum Fuels Action...Do Something.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                        looks good, but id rather have a gsxr http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Photos/GSX650F_1.jpg
                        I have a gsxr and still want one or two or.............

Comment

Working...
                        X