1988-1993 Katana 1100 Mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988-1993 Katana 1100 Mods

Help,
    I have a completely stock 1988 Katana 1100 and I am looking to do some upgrades to it and hopefully someone will be able to give me some advice.

Suspension: I want to swap out the front forks with something adjustable, I am not sure what size the head bearing is in order to find something that will bolt right on. I was going to leave the rear shock alone unless someone knows of something better.

Wheels: If I change the front end, I will just keep the 17" rim that it comes with, I am pretty sure that rim from an 88-92 GSXR 1100 or 91-92 750 should just drop right in on the back as long as I grab the brake hanger from the old bike.

Engine: I want to drop in a set of 36mm carbs with a stage 3 jet kit, an ignition advancer, and a pipe, D&D and Vance & Hines seem to be the only people still making pipes so it looks like I don't have much to choose from. It there a difference between the cam in my bike and the cam in the 90-92 GSXR 1100? I was thinking of dropping one of those in also.

I know this bike will never compare to my recently stolen Hayabusa but I know there is untapped potential in this bike and chances are I will be the only guy who can roll up the window if it rains.
Working...
X